My Tanks

Dragon1

Well here are my tanks

First up my 2ft tank

2012-01-31185730.jpg

2012-01-31185903.jpg

In this tank I have Angels, Red Tail Shark, Silver Shark, BNs (1 confirmed male) & Pakistani Loaches. I have been told that I'm over stocking this tank but please keep in mind that they're all juvies & this is just a holding tank until I have my 6ft tank up & running, & then all these fish will be going there & I will be doing a complete tear down & setting up for tetras for my gf seeing as she likes them.

Second is my 3ft tank

Which is just a bare tank at the moment so I wont bore you with pics because we all know what a bare tank looks like.

Third is my 6ft tank

2012-03-04162426.jpg

This is still a work in progress until I come up with a look I like with the DW & then will come sand substrate, rocks & some plants.

Cheers.

the 6 footer will look great with a centre piece like that Chris.... welcome to AusAqua..... lots of great fish tragics on here to help you along the way :)

Don't worry about overstocking the 2ft tank - just ensure the filtration is up to the mark and you'll be fine till the 6ft tank is up and running....

We have a small but growing club here in the Bay at the moment if you're interested in joining up let me know....

Wow where do you get a peice like that (6ft) :D id love something similar for my oscar tank !

I got everything you see here minus the large DW for $350 which I thought was a steal, an ex client of my GFs was a breeder & they were selling up all their old tanks. Its all 10mm glass too so its a heavy S.O.B

Love that wood! I would plant some stem plants to hide the fact it is cut off our some moss sor similar.

someone had some fantastic wood like this in stock :)

I'm planning on adding some plants to the top of the DW to try & mask it a bit but not sure what yet, maybe something that's dense or clumping. I bet someone wouldn't have been able to sell it to me at the price I got it for though, which again was a steal at $40

the 6 footer will look great with a centre piece like that Chris.... welcome to AusAqua..... lots of great fish tragics on here to help you along the way :)

Don't worry about overstocking the 2ft tank - just ensure the filtration is up to the mark and you'll be fine till the 6ft tank is up and running....

We have a small but growing club here in the Bay at the moment if you're interested in joining up let me know....

Filtration in the 2ft tank is handled by a power head suited for the tank which gets a regular clean out.

But good to see you all like my wood tongue.gif, as i said the 6ft is still a work in progress, its just a matter of making what I see in my head a reality & to have the money to do it as well.

Cheers

Edited by Dragon1

Well seems 1 of my Anubias are finding their new home suitable to their liking, after doing a partial water change in the 2ft tank I noticed a new shoot coming out from the side of the main plant. Can't really see it in the pic but its the light green speck in amongst the root cluster.

2012-03-11181255.jpg

Cheers.

Woohoo another update lol, well looks like we don't have to move just yet now (grrr real estates) so I decided to put in the substrate & water. So now my 6fter is cycling as we speak, only problem is 1 of my pieces of wood is now floating so hopefully it becomes water logged again soon & sinks back down into place.

Cheers.

Well I'm back again but this time with a question, what type of plant weather it be moss or a leafy plant do you guys think I should attach to the top of my DW stalk to hide the fact that its been cut? I'm open to all suggestions, heres a close up pic of the stalk & I'm sorry about the flash glare.

2012-03-14181002.jpg

Cheers.

Hey Chris

I think flame moss would be a great addition atached to the top of the mangrove stump you could also try atacching it at various stages up the trunk to give the effect that it is srouting, alternativly if you could add a pipe on to that filter outlet so it disipated the flow of water a bit you could put weeping moss on some stiff mesh and atach it to the top of the stump this would eventualy grow up and over the mesh and through it giving the impresion of a willow and a gentel flow would suite it better

Cheers

Les

I think you might be onto something there les with the flame moss & attaching it at different levels of the mangrove root, I think it would look really impressive. So I guess now Ill have to try & track some down.

Cheers.

Hey Chri

Wayne should know who has some in your area or failing that Matt would know of who has it in brissi just PM them. I think matt mentioned a place called Liverpool Creek aquariums they have a prity good selection of plants and you can buy online from them. I hope this helps out and we get some pics of it as it progress

Cheeers

Les

Hey Chri

Wayne should know who has some in your area or failing that Matt would know of who has it in brissi just PM them. I think matt mentioned a place called Liverpool Creek aquariums they have a prity good selection of plants and you can buy online from them. I hope this helps out and we get some pics of it as it progress

Cheeers

Les

Yea I'll get on to Wayne & see if he knows anyone, Funny you should mention Liverpool Creek Aquariums I've got them bookmarked & check the site from time to time to have a look at their selection of plants.

Cheers

looking great with all the rocks in there! bet your fish are going to have a ball !

Thanks Neffy, I only just put my fish in the tank this morning & they didn't really now what to do but that only lasted a few minutes & now they're all having fun exploring their new home.

Cheers

There's 1 Angel, 1 Silver Shark, 1 Red Tail Shark, 2 Pakistani Loaches & 4 Bristlenose in there, just wondering if I should now get another angel, red tail & silver shark for it so they've got some friends to "play" with.

Cheers.

Ok so my 6ft doesn't look as bare now, its now housing 3 red tail sharks, 3 silver sharks, 2 pakistani loaches, 2 common BNs, 2 albino BNs & 3 angels (2 black & 1 I guess you could say marbled angel (silver with black patches))

Cheers.