OMG OMG OMG!

luv_my_fish

O M G !!

I put my Black Orchid CT male and Opaque HMPK girl together again for round 3 of trying to get my Panda HMPK line. The last 2 times they never did damage to eachother, so I introduced the female yesterday and let them be. I just went to check if there were any eggs yet, there wasn't, but instead I found...

A FRY FROM A PREVIOUS ATTEMPT!!!!!! :cheer::cheer:

I am so unbelievably freakin excited! My question now though is, can I put the little cherub in with my other fry? He would be the smallest.

I can't wipe the :D off my face!!

I should go check if there are more :giggle:

Here is my special little munckin :wub:

IMG_1191.jpg

IMG_1190.jpg

Peek a boo, I see you!

IMG_1189.jpg

IMG_1186.jpg

I'm going to have to go find the 'spawn log' so I can see when he would have hatched. I think he would be around 2.5 - 3 weeks old

Ok, so he is either from the October 16th attempt, or the October 19th attempt. So he either hatched October 18th or 21st

Edited by luv_my_fish

I tried spawning the parents again for the 3rd time, and I got eggs, then the next day they were gone. I'm not going to try spawning this pair again for a long time (if ever), but I still really want my Panda CTPK line, so depending what this little vegemite turns out to be, would I spawn him back to a parent to try and keep the line going, or did I need a sibling pair from the spawn?

Why dont you try once more and as soon as they are done remove the eggs from the nest and hatch them artificially, all you need is a small container and an airline bubbling softly to stop them fungusing. Its the only way to continue chronic egg eaters =/ you know they are fertile because you got a fry from them previously.

Thanks Neffy!

The only other problem with that is, I don't know which attempt the fry was a result of.

The first time they wrapped fairly properly (which is where I think the fry is from), then the 2nd and 3rd time they didn't wrap properly

I guess I can try just 1 more time and do what you said. Atleast then I will know if they were fertile or not..

I will have to try them again in another week or so. It's only been a few days since they last 'spawned'.

Thanks Les, but after this attempt, I don't think I will be doing anymore spawns until after Feb because we are going to Sydney for a week and I don't want to leave tiny fry unattended for that long :(