Think I Am Going Crazy!

shadoh

The Jewel Box beauties have found yet another way to torment me...

For those of you who were around this time last year, many will remember my Jewel Box Spawn. For those who have no idea what I am on about, it was a Marble DT VT x Marble dragon HMPK spawn.

I was just poking around the sorority tank and noticed a flash of a longish looking white caudal and anal fin hiding inside the big castle ornament. This was a notorious "fighting arena" for newly sprouted juvies when it was used as a growout tank. For some reason, they thought if they tried hiding their sparring sessions and tucked up their fins then they came out for food, I wouldn't notice and jar them up.

I stuck my hand into the space only to be attacked by an agro little beast who darted out, flared at me with fins that look somewhere between a PK and VT, then sprinted off to hide in the other castle.

Right then, the phone rang and I took my eyes off the little bugger for a split second and lost him.

Can it be possible that I have a 12 month old teenager? Is it a long finned female? I'm going to have to pull the tank apart to proove to myself it isn't my imagination and jar up the fish to see if it's fins grow out more once away from the females...

Once I jar him/her, I'll post a pic or 2 :)

Hahaha. We'll all be waiting with baited breath to see if you're right.... And we'll start practicing our mocking in the meantime.

I wouldn't be surprised if you do have a boy still in there, the rotten little buggers like to confuse wherever possible.

cdb4bcb0.jpg

0dd24c74.jpg

12e6d531.jpg

Despite the male type behavior when shown a mirror, I think I have just jarred the alpha female of the group. Yes, her fins are longer than the rest, but when flaring doesn't have a large male type "beard", then again, I can't find an egg spot.

I think I might just take an "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" approach and release her/him back into the tank.

Hahahahaha! Weeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! I'm Craaaazy!!!!

After saying I couldn't find an egg spot, I post a photo that clearly shows one.

*crawls off into the corner to converse with my invisible friends*

Hmmm... this isn't the first time I've done this. I guess it is wishful thinking :)