What fish are you breeding

Jess

I have a guppy spawn (20+), and 3 Silver mollies that I am raising. These are a bit less challenging, then wilds and splendens, so I am pleased to have some easy peasy spawns. The guppies are Red silky guppies, and I am raising them on the fry food Keith gave me.

My goldfish in the pond that started off 3 years ago with 4 fish and is now 30 plus have spawned again. Not sure how many, they never get seperated so most probably get eaten. I just leave them alone. Will have to drop a few at the lfs this time as its getting very cosy in there! Don't know if it counts, but, I have a fabulous brood of mozzie's on the way! Theres gonna be some happy bettas at mah place!

I have another batch of Nothos. Not sure how many in this batch since I left the light on too long and ended up with a fab alagal bloom. I know they are in there.. somewhere :blush: I'm also seriously considering some nice guppies or some other rabbit variety fish that I can put in my 4ft trop tank. It would be great to have an easy spawn again. Perhaps you guys can give me some suggestions?

Well I have guppies all over the place probably get 4-5 drops a week ~100 to 200 fry; I want to scale them down a bit though! Got albino and peppered cory fry. Got channoides fry coming out of my ears; 5 batches! Got a couple of killies ;) gardneri Akure Blue fry and juvies gardneri Akure eggs developing gardneri Golden fry nigerianus Jos Plateau fry and juvies puerzli Ndokama eggs developing sjoestedti eggs developing biateniatum eggs developing splendopleure fry and eggs developing N.palmqvisti fry growing nicely I think that's it at the moment :)

FISH!?! seems like everything else BUT the fish are willing to breed here.... Well, OK in all fairness I'm still raising that red/white CT spawn, they're comming along nicely. Once again a little runty but definately an improvement from the first spawn, still hoping that they'll have a late growth spurt. Also got a few stray guppiy fry, just a few that I found before the bettas did, thought I'd give it a shot raising them for fun. I was tempted by some fancy platys today ($60 a trio of well bred micky mouse platys, creamy orage with a platinum sheen to their scales :) , and I don't like orange so that's saying something ;) ), they breed like crazy at my avian vet's surgury in water that is covoured in dead ramshorns and ramshorn poop and swordtails to compete, so how hard can it be to raise some luxury platys on the side to top up the betta breeding fund?

I have a breeding pair of Angels that just don't stop breeding. They are at it almost every week. But as they are in a community tank the poor fry don't ever make it to the free swimming stage :) . Maybe one day I will give them a breeding tank and see if I can get a spawn of little Angels happing. ;) Also have very active apple snails that are always laying eggs. :( Najina

I am trying to raise a successful spawn of bettas, they are the only thing i am breeding at the moment. I have a few guppies with fry, i dont really say i bred them since you cant really stop them breeding, although they are all mutts and i am not really interested in them, that might change if i had a good quality pair of them though. Also, i have a school of 13 Angelfish in my 4FT tank, if they were to pair up, i think i would give them a chance at spawning in a seperate tank. Other than that i dont really have the time or space for anything else! :)

Archived