Express Post to WA?

luv_my_fish

I received an email from someone about my fish, and she asked if I wanted them express posted to WA, but it will take 2 days for them to get here. I sent an email back asking what other ways to get them here as I don't think 2 days is very good for them to be travelling for, but I haven't heard back?

Would you guys express post your fish if you knew it would take 2 days for them to get there?

I just think it is A LOT of money to go down the drain if the fish don't make it, or have chewed their tails etc.

I would trust someone. She wouldn't recommend it otherwise.

Is this what she recommended?? Sure this wouldn't be her first time to WA. I think Les has got fish?

Do know of fish being in transit for a week with no issues. :-).

that sounds strange. Fish need to come in via a quarantine inspection at the airport. Normally livestock are sent overnight. AaE Air Express is probably the best.

here is a copy of some cost from a recent shipment from someone

"There are two ways to ship to Perth.

I can send one fish by platinum express post for $20.

If you want the red and black as well they will both fit in a 5kg express satchel for $25

Australian Air Express is minimum $50.

We offer live arrival guarantee with AaE only, though have had no losses with post over the years"

I am likely to be getting a couple of show grade goldfish in a couple of weeks from her and we could have split the shipping.

Cheers

Jase

Thanks Jase, but my Aqua Bid shipment is ready now I think.

It was my understanding aswell that the fish need to pass quarantine or something here because of all the rules and laws WA seems to have. I emailed her again and hopefully I will get a reply soon.

no probs, it really is quite easy, I personally opted for the fastest way through AaE last time. You need to call Tracey at quarantine to tell them when the fish are arriving 9334 1800. Usually 24hrs prior arrival to book the inspection (it doesn't cost anything either!) They quickly have a squiz and hand over to you at AaE next to the airport.

Cheers

Jase

I found this in the importing terms and conditions someone has and found this while browsing through it http://ausaqua.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=4758

"Buyers have 1 week from receipt of invoice to make payment and arrange to receive the fish (local freight)

If payment is not received in this time the fish will be sold to cover costs. This is not a fish minding business. It is your responsibility to liaise with

the seller and find out when the fish are most likely to be sent.

If you are unable to receive them please organise a friend or relative who can.

If you cannot pay for and receive the fish in the time frame allotted, but still intend to purchase, we will hold the fish for an extra week for the fee of $1 per fish per day. Maximum of 7 days only - unless payment received up front."

Thanks Nicola, and yeah that's what I thought.

Maybe I'm just being a real tight bottom, but $50 for AAE for only 2 fish seems like A LOT of money.

I want to take the risk and get them sent express post, but they are reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaalllly nice fish!!!!

• 4 months later...

Hi,

I'm in Perth, I have had two shipments of guppy from someone via Auspost express, all arrived alive, even the second time that coincided with a heat wave and then were in the post for 3 days!

The only problems I've had is with the albino fish not recovering from travel. I have one single female left, the other 5 all were rather lethargic, with little appetite, and died between 3 days- month after arriving.

Losing $110 of fish almost made me tear up (especially as I adored them) :(

Even still, If anyone wants to do a combined order, I have a betta on hold, and are waiting to hear back about current guppy stock. I hope to have the order shipped before NYE.

Beth