Hello all

deano81

Hey everyone. well i am Dean from Perth and i am looking to start breeding some Bettas again. I had to stop now for about 7 years as work and not living in my own place made it quite difficult. Well im in my own place and have a bit more free time on my hands these days so looking to get back into it. I did have 2 succesful spawns of Turquoise HalfMoon's which i gave all away to friends and shops. Also all my gear had to go as well. But now i have a dedicated room and looking to start again. I am in Perth and looking to maybe get a breeding pair locally and start afresh or even if people are doing a shipment im definately in. So anyone who has any info on tanks or equipment or know places where to get some stuff. Please let me know.

Thank you for your time.

Dean

Welcome!

there are some perth bettas being sold by members atm

White dragons PK http://ausaqua.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=11944

and

Red Platnum Dragon http://ausaqua.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=11997

Thanks everyone. It was very lonely going back in 03/04 when not many people in Perth were Breeding or selling Bettas here. Well i got a lot of reading to do again to try and get familair with the whole process again before i start to get a breeding pair again but hopefully in 2 weeks to a month i should be with a tank all set up and have some fish in them:-)

Well if anyone does know of anyone with info on tanks and bits for sale please let me know.

Thanks

Deano

Hi Dean

Welcome to the forum good to see you back with a Betta vengance I live NOR but if you after pks Yatzy and myself have them as far as HMs go I think if you dont like what you see at your LFS which dose stock HMs then someone is your best bet she is away at the moment in Jakata but Im sertain that if you E-Mail her at someone she will get back to you LMF (love my fish) another Perth member was looking to place an order but her computer is on the blink when she comes up to pick up her pair of PKs Ill let her know your on the look out OK

Cheers

Les

PS Perth Members are there enough of us yet for a meet? Anyone? I have six brand new sponge filters I was given so if any one is intrested we can have a meet and swap some stuff or help new members out with things they may need. Maby?

Edited by les

Thanks Les yeah im definately in.For me the meet will be a learning experience as i am pretty much starting out fresh and im looking through all the threads at the moment. I am still chasing a tank for my fish and any equipment people are selling i would be interested in checking out. Yeah i had a look at the intro's page and thanks for the reply. I will check out what my local fish shops have. But i will be interested in getting soem fish from someone when she is back in the country.

Hi Dean

Aquotix on Bannister Rd (who's name escapes me at this moment) usually has a few hm's. As for tanks, I don't think there's such thing as a cheap tank in Perth. :D I've given up on trying to find cheap tanks. Aquarium One in Rockingham usually has some second hand tanks a little cheaper and last time I went to Rocky Reef on Dixon Road in Rockingham they were selling out all of their old store tanks.

Good luck.

Hi Dean

I just did a drive around the local shops. River Reef in Dixon Rd, Rockingham are closing down and have up to 70% off their stock. The doors were closed when I just went there so you may want to call first to find out when they are going to be open. Probably worth a look if you can be bothered driving down this way :)