Nanna's New Tank

GoldenGirl13

Ok so I started a new tank. Well old one recycled ( :blush: terrible pun, sorry!!). Strictly speaking it's a 50lt I had previous to the 3ft and it's in the process of cycling now. As I'm using Stability I could stock straight away but I keep changing my mind about what I want so currently it's empty of inhabitants. I am currently thinking maybe a school of Neons (say 12), 4 Pepper Cory and a Dwarf Gourami. I haven't worked out yet how to get a decent photo with my camera or get it uploaded so basically what we have is back left corner of tank heavily planted (Blue Stricta, Pink Baby Tears and Ambulia) in aqua-soil and contained by a rock wall (had to cheat here and use real rock). Hairgrass planted in a few spots in front of the wall, untrimmed so it looks more like rush clumps and a triangular shaped piece of DW sort of mid/front right-hand side :blink: DW has lots of hidey holes and swimmy-thru holes and a little cave thingy behind it to hold it up :lol: substrate is smooth gravel (mix of bits I had left over!!)You lot think of other stocking suggestions and I'll go and have a chat with my camera and Photo-Bucket, Jo B)

Good thing this tank is still cycling as I keep changing my mind about how I want it to look :blink: Have now decided that I will put a little wall in and replace some of the gravel with sand for the cories. Put a terracotta pot saucer filled with sand in Thai/Red/Chilli tank for Thai and Chilli and they love it. They have even taken to chasing Red away if he looks like stopping by for a visit! :lol:

And yes there are photos coming but have decided to wait until I have tank looking how I want first.

Edited by FlameDragon

Ok here we go....will attempt to add photos of tank as of this arvo :blink: tank look a little cloudy due to washed river sand being added for the cories (4 of them!!) they all seem happy and the tank is clearing slowly although I think I will do a 15% H2O change tomorrow (God Bless Stability and Clarity...oh!and Prime!)

The 50lt

and another I hope 50lt Again

Yay!! just tested and the links work :cheer::dance: :lol:

Edited by FlameDragon

Thanks guys :D have to admit I'm happy (well almost!) with this one. Not AT ALL happy with the gravel, it was a mixed bag of leftovers that kept falling out of the laundry cupboard every time I opened it, will be replaced at some point with something, well...shall we say less colourful! :lol:

Sarah the little wall holding back the river sand is actually the rim of a terracotta pot I was saving for my Bay tree... Husband broke it :censor: so I got my son to neaten it up with the grinder :D

All the little rocks have been siliconed into piles so I can just pick 'em up to clean. Even sillied the little sprinkles of gravel so no little holes for idiots to get stuck in :lol:

As I haven't decided yet on my centre-piece fish the next inhabitants will be a school of 6 Harleys who are currently hanging in the 3ft community tank. These guys wont go in until much later as I need to re-house some of the bigger guppy babies to give the smaller guys a break. NannaJo B)

Thanks again guys, will try and get more shots soon. The water seems to be clearing well (bloody River Sand... I washed that small quantity for 2 hours and still there's silt in it!! :censor: ) Cories seem happy and have worked out when tea-time is and where the food will land, one guy even stands on his tail in the middle of the sandpit about 10 minutes before tea and just looks at the surface waiting :lol: I thought he had a swim bladder problem at first, the little bugger!! NannaJo B)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...