Some of my new fish

shadoh

Looks like Adam's done a great job with this lot, and they've settled in quickly for you Jarrod! That first guy almost looks like he could be HM.

Is the third guy part of the same spawn? The colour looks royal blue.

Great looking fish!

They are great fish. The 1st guy and the female paired with him settled in straight away. He started displaying and colouring up and she coloured up with breeding stripes and started showing off to him. All this within the first 5 minutes. The rest took an hour or more to colour up and settle in, but all happy! When the first boy is at full flare he seems to be a full 180 deg :D

The blue in the combtails body is a blue irid over a dark body. He is the 1st photo in this thread : http://ausaqua.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=11170

Edited by shadoh

Looking fantastic!

Interested in seeing how the first one goes with spawning - his colour is fantastic (is he ventral-less or is it just the pic?)

Either way - how would you address the red through his colour, as I recall his mother was a lovely extended red wasn't she....

Would you try to enhance it to achieve a solid red-bicolour, or would you try to eliminate the red wash?

(I ask as I have a total weakness for fish such as the second one shown - a metallic with the clear red "Devil" though the tail)

Lovely fish.... you scored!

- Ness

The combtail boy has blown a huge bubble nest. Won't be long until Busman gets a spawn out of him :D

Ness, the second one in normal daylight you can't see the red in his fins and is a black copper. with him, I will try and remove the red in future generations. The first one with the red and matching girl are going to Busman. I can't see him wanting to remove the red, but will leave it up to him to discuss further. All the coppers we bought from Adam are ventral less, but not a prob as it is not genetic...

Haha! I find the more light you throw at them, the better/clearer the photo. That little fella does look like your guy. He is half the size though and has a paler body base where yours is black. He is raring to go with the little girl with the breeding stripes. If they were any bigger, I'd throw them in together...

My two are in that small tank and carded. Checked on them half hour later and she has barred up. I then realized she could see a female DTCT and they were both barring. Hope this not a bad sign.....LOL. My female needs a bit of fattening up yet but I don't seem to have a problem with that.......