New Pair

shadoh

I went to Fishchicks this morning with Busman and his Dad. I couldn't resist buying this pair. I love black bettas and I love dragons. Seemed like a perfect match :)

I have been wanting to do a spawn while I am waiting for the Jewel Box spawn to finish growing out.

Male:

dragon1.jpg

Female:

dragon2.jpg

There was :) they were the ones in my critique thread. He is beutiful when his fins arn't eaten and he flares. What do you keep your fry in? I am still getting everything I will need ready. I'm thinking a foam box filled with clean pots to. Let water circulate through.

Now that these guys have settled into their new home, they are looking a lot nicer than in the above photo. The female has an almost 180 deg caudal spread. The male has a more rounded tail, but still an impressive sight in full flare...

It may take a while Sarah, I just tried to take some pics. Got one of her, but he is one of those bettas that get the sillies whenever a camera comes out. I drained the rest of the battery trying to get a pic of him. Charging now and will try again later.

OK Sarah, just for you:

The only clear shot I managed to get of the boy was of his face. He refused to let me get a side on shot... This gives you a general idea of his personality. You'll just have to take the word of Busman, Matt_95 and myself that this is a beautiful boy *lol*

BlackBoy.jpg

And the girl, in comparison was quite laid back. She posed for the camera and practically rolled her eyes over her partners antics :D

BlackGirl.jpg

Lovely! I like how you combined the photos. :) Thanks for the piccys. :D

I guess the male just likes to take things 'head on'. *lol*

Look at girlie's eyes in the bottom right-hand photo! :giggle:

Any names for them yet?

Edited by Sarah

I went searching how to spell "Mithril"- the armour that saved Frodo from the Orcs spear - coz I thought it would be a good name for the girl, and stumbled across a dragon name generator... Just generates random names in "dragon language", "human language" and special dragon type names. Have a go, might lead you to some dragon names that you like.

http://www.polenth.com/fun/dragon.cgi

If I were a swamp dragon I think I would like to be:

"Kindle Mountforth I of Pseudopolis" lol

Edited by paul