Pics of 3ft Community Tank

Fletch

Hey guys, now I can post photos I thought I would post these. Mainly Tetra tank but have soft spot fir catfish. What you can't see us Royal Whiptail , Peppermint and normal Bristlenose. Over 60 fish in tank at last count.

Hope you like them

f097d56f.jpg

32967e58.jpg

cd28efe3.jpg

f95e18fe.jpg

b0b70a29.jpg

That looks so pretty Busman! You must be proud. I like the big Pleco. :love:

All the plants and driftwood look amazing!!! You should see my 3ft tank.. bare bottom, a few plants here and there.. with a couple of female Bettas and two suckers. Maybe I should fancy it up a bit like yours. :drool:

Five female Bettas to be exact. :)

Edit: Not BN, Pleco. How could I be so silly? :wacko:

Edited by Sarah

No Betta in this tank. Maybe put a few female in there later. Male would not survive I don't think, not ct anyway. Rummynose would love him to death I am sure.

Glimpse of Peppmint In last photo and baby normal bristlenose in front of Pleco in third pic. Can you see it. That big one is a Brazillian Highfin Pleco. Only baby now. Beautiful fish. Too big really for tank but got him very small and don't want to part with him. Going to have to soon though. It will be a sad day. :-(

Edited by Busman

Got me Yan.......... Would have no idea. When I set this up the idea was "easy to look after" . Love planted tanks so I decided on basic Tetras. Was more interested in catfish. The tank has just become what it is slowly.

If I like a fish in my LFS and I think it will be ok, I buy it. Have made some incorrect choices along the way ( don't we all ) but learn from them and try again.

Just a peaceful tv really.

Don't worry about it Sarah, yesterday I was talking to someone at work and someone else piped up with the same comment. Only really interesting to others that like fish. You just have to not let it rule your life............ Unlike me at the moment.

What the fish? Um, my room was full of candles, decorations & other girly pretty things... now there is like one shelve dedicated to my favs and like 100 jars.. empty too, waiting for fry that haven't even been born yet. :P

I think we fish lovers hear comments like that a lot. We'll get them one day.. we'll find they only had a little tank and now have many! *Mwhahaha*

Used aquarium gravel that I was given with tank. Has shell grit mixed in it which not good for ph level but use buffer for that. Try and keep at around neutral.

Use Seachem Flourish, use both complete supplement once or twice a week and Liquid Co2 every few days.

Once every 12 mths I might get a boost fertilizer but don't seem to need it. I throw lots out now that is full and growing well.

Trying to convince wife to let me buy a friends 4th x 2 x 2. Not having much luck as just started spawning betta and now have so many tanks ( even one hidden in car that she doesn't know about yet :-). ) that it is getting ridiculous.

She has even banned them from our bedroom. hahaha

• 1 month later...