My fishies

miha1967

Hi all,

Just to show you some fish from my previous spawns:

Father: orange half moon (Oscar)

Mother: yellow (Bee)- one of the orange male's daughters from a previous spawn with a white dragon female (PK?)from Jody-Lea.

DSCN0633.JPG

Oscar II

DSCN0651.JPG

Red Jewel

DSCN0688.JPG

Pink Panther

DSCN0884.JPG

Pagliacci

and some more to come. I will go away to Romania in December and January and I need to sell most of them so if interested please make me an offer.

Edited by mihaela

Hey Mihaela, they look great. Just curious about the pics. Did you say that the four pictured are from an orange male x yellow female? I'm a little surprised that you have reds out of this pairing! I assumed that that should be impossible seeing as both orange and yellow are recessive to red (so at least one of the parents should be red in order to get red fry). Anyway, nice fish! Can't wait to see the rest.

The reds are cambodian type. They have no black layer. I've been trying to get yellow/orange fry from that male for a long time (without a yellow or orange female)by crossing him with white females. All I would get was cambodians or whites with red washes (red was from the female I guess) until I got one single yellow female among the cambodians. I crossed the father with the yellow daughter and I've got lots of yellow (more or less intens) females and just a few yellow males. Now because you raised the genetics, I'm confused! I admit that I mixed the spawns because I had a few at the same time and I didn't log any information. It was the only time when I had 5 pairs spawning at the same time (to excited to see the results. That was a mistake I will not repeat. That was mid March and the yellow female and the orange male spawn was at the end of April. some of them grew very fast and I mixed them with the smaller older ones which were not red at that time (the yellow ones were not yellow either) They were all light bodies, a few with red washes and most of them just flesh colour. I'm not sure which ones had red washes. I suppose you are right and they are from different spawns. Why I thought they are from the same spawn (without thinking of genetics and I know you are right) was because most of the red have thick scales (from the dragon grand-mother I thought) and one yellow/orange male has thick scales too. I will have to figure out who the parents of the reds were! I'll let you know!

I have another one - kind of pink but no ventrals.DSCN1050.JPG

DSCN1054.JPG

Ah! and this one DSCN0753.JPG

Silver Dart- he didn't want to flare; his tail is quite short but 'm pretty sure it's still growing - into a delta tail not half moon.

So these are my fish with some dragon? scales. From my experience the scales will get thicker with age so maybe they are dragons!

Yeah Dusty is really nice. I'd have a perfect female to breed to him. Shame you're leaving otherwise I'd lend her to you to have a go at breeding them!

I'd buy dusty from you if you're thinking of selling. :P, or another yellow one. Do you mind if I come and have a look at some sometime? Possibly this weekend?

Yeah Dusty is really nice. I'd have a perfect female to breed to him. Shame you're leaving otherwise I'd lend her to you to have a go at breeding them!

I'd buy dusty from you if you're thinking of selling. :P, or another yellow one. Do you mind if I come and have a look at some sometime? Possibly this weekend?

Sure, please come! You can have Dusty and when I come back I might buy some fry from you!