jtvbetta

TELL US HOW YOU FOUND OUT ABOUT US! We don't advertise widely, so we would love to hear where you found out about our little abode!

I THINK IT WAS BETTABITE FORUM :cheer:

WHAT FISH DO YOU KEEP? Bettas? Killies? Marines? We'd love to know! Maybe there are others here that are interested in the same species

I HAVE ABOUT 30 FANCY BETTAS, A 50 GAL. REEF TANK SET-UP (PERCULA CLOWNFISH, VOLITAN LIONFISH, SNOWFLAKE EEL, SAILFIN BLENNY, BLUE VELVET DAMSEL, BRITTLE STAR, CHOCO CHIP STARFISHES, COUPLE OF HERMIT CRABS, AND A BANDED CORAL SHRIMP AS IT'S INHABITANTS)

WHAT DO YOU ENJOY OUTSIDE OF FISH? Are you a petrolhead? maybe you are an avid reader? or perhaps you dabble in extravagant cross stitch projects that make people ohh and ahh? )

I PLAY SPORTS (BASKETBALL, TENNIS), AND I DO KNOW HOW TO CROSS-STITCH :P

"I THINK IT WAS BETTABITE FORUM" hey cool! I put some links up the other day. Good to have a "land of the betta" person swing by and say howdy! You are fortunate you can keep so many interesting fish. Australia has a lot of restrictions - hence the need to cross-stitch for entertainment!! Cheers, someone

A SNOWFLAKE EEL???

*swoons*

Ohhh, i could watch those for hours :lol:

It's about 7 inches now (I bought it when it was only about 4 in.) and is trained to stick-feed (it could bite your finger off, hehe). I feed about 4 3-inch feeder guppies twice a week. It's pretty cheap here in the Philippines (40PHP: 1USD=56PHP). A very durable tank inhabitant (steals food off my hermit crab's claws too :lol: ). He comes out when he knows its feeding time. :lol:

"I THINK IT WAS BETTABITE FORUM"

hey cool!  I put some links up the other day.  Good to have a "land of the betta" person swing by and say howdy! 

You are fortunate you can keep so many interesting fish.  Australia has a lot of restrictions - hence the need to cross-stitch for entertainment!!

Cheers, someone

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks, someone. But I'm from the Philippines (not Singapore). And we have a pet shop market over here where you could literally buy the whole stock with your currency :lol: . Just to give you an idea (1 USD=56PHP), clownfish sells for about 80PHP ea., damsels 40PHP, eels 50PHP, lionfishes 40PHP(yes, all less than a buck!!! :lol: ), etc.. :lol: . If you know how to pick you can get a very good conditioned fish too.

I think banded coral shrimp go for AUS$250 a pair here. I've only ever seen them once... tiny mini shrimps with barbers' poles for legs? Definitely the least value for money, in terms of fish size. My sister in law is from the Philipines (living in Hong Kong now). She's from some whole other world of maids and chauffers and can run a bank but not cook a meal or drive a car!

I think banded coral shrimp go for AUS$250 a pair here.  I've only ever seen them once... tiny mini shrimps with barbers' poles for legs?  Definitely the least value for money, in terms of fish size.

My sister in law is from the Philipines (living in Hong Kong now).  She's from some whole other world of maids and chauffers and can run a bank but not cook a meal or drive a car!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My banded coral shrimp cost 70PHP (1USD=56PHP). It's amazing how fast it's large claw can grow back (maybe 3 days?) after breaking it at the joint. :lol: .They're not tiny (maybe 3 inches long) and are very territorial (only 1 should be kept per tank). I trained mine to eat Hikari sinking wafers (hehe). It usually clings upside down inside my live rock cave. Occasionaly, it eats parasites off my other marine fishes. Very hardy shrimp, you don't have to worry about it once you put it in. :lol: . Most Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) work as maids or chauffeurs coz we are known to be hard-working (and we don't mind it one bit to be just a maid or chauffeur) and accept lower pay. They work to send money back home (which could be huge since our currency is very weak). Say "Mabuhay Ka!" to her from me, Bren!

Thanks! :lol:

Wow, how wonderful. What a great looking eel. :)  Thank you so much for sharing his picture. I think I would get a little nervous when it came to cleaning his tank. <_< Do they have teeth?

Najina

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They bite the same way a croc does (literally ripping the flesh off the feeder molly). I don't see teeth though. No, he doesn't harm my hand (what he recognizes though is my feeding stick ;) ---SNAP!!! ;) ).

Archived