More Killies!

Callatya

Posted Image

How could you not love pecs like that!?

Posted Image

They are currently bunking with Bluebeard the fp. gardneri Akure dude, who is less than impressed with another male on his turf. :fish:

Not sure if these houseguests are staying yet, but I couldn't resist a few piccies while they were here :fish:

*cough*

And I caught them in the act, much to Bluebeard's disgust, at about 4am last Friday night. No peat, only light sand at the time, so i cannot see there being any bubs, but there was sand going everywhere and they looked VERY very pleased with themselves! :fish:

I am not sure. But from what I have witnessed from my A. lineatus, the male goes after both females. I have read most are sexually aggressive lil buggers. So I guess it would be a good idea to seperate the females of some species sometimes.

Hey :blush: Those are my fish ;) I got the two girls that the two dates of your Akure dude! They do not really pair off, it is a case of if you put a pair in a tank together they are a pair! Killifish ala most living organisms try to mate with the healthiest/most fertile/full of eggs mate available. In killifish it is the larger fuller females will get the first attension but soon the male will notice the other one too.

Archived