Giant Cambodian PK

Chuckie

Here is some film of a giant PK I bought at my LFS yesterday for $25. He has a nice regular topline, although he is quite extraordinarily long and wiggly looking and his finnage is unimpressive (and that is putting it generously). But I liked the fact that he is Cambodian means I can predict the colours of his offspring. At $25 he was too good to pass up. Calla and I are hoping to introduce him into our red dragon lines and eventually develop giant red dragon HM PKs.

BTW, he won't permanently be living in a 850ml takeaway container! That's just until he's been quarantined.

He's already a far better colour than he was yesterday. He has a sweet face too :notsure:

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>"> name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Looks like a nice fish Lisa ... giant dragons would be something else! good luck with them!

A line with the first name Finn would sound good - Finn McCool, Finn Betta, Finn Tail, or for the really sick minded use Finn for a 2nd name... like Swim Finn!!!

Here is a list of giants in mythology and folklore

This is a list of giants from Norse mythology

There's some pretty good names there... not sure how to pronounce most of them though!

Hey Lisa, It must have been cambodian giant day yesterday.......a friend gave me a giant cambo female. She is quite the opposite of your boy though, she is very chunky with nice form (IMUO). She has a lot of spirit and flares at everything. I was told she is over a year old so she is no spring chicken.

Lisa what LFS sells giants? Iv'e never seen one in a shop. I guess they will become more common in the future if (please correct me if i am wrong) the

"giant genome" line has only been popularised fairly recently?

P.S. please note my use of a proposed new forum acronym; IMUO = In My Own Uneducated Opinion (sublect to your approval of course,Lisa)

Cheers to all! :notsure:

My approval? I am not the Boss!

I got this guy from Marine Life Aquarium on Heathcote Rd at Moorebank. They had another one, a blue multi.

Post some pics of your girl when you get a chance :sad:

Thanks Lisa, glad you like them. Your fish are beautiful too! I'll try to get a pic of miss chunky with her anal fin extended as it is considerably larger than it appears in those two midnight pics. She never seems to stop looking for food. This morning she was flaring at me big time so I gave her some f.d.bloodworm. After eating she came over to say thanks - placid as could be! :sad: - Brad.

• 2 weeks later...

He is, but he's not up for photos at the moment. He's currently in a coke bottle in a tank containing what's left of the eggs he endeavoured to eat. WHAT is with these egg eating *censored* bettas at the moment? I am hoping to do a fatherless hatch successfully this time - we'll see... :D

My two giants are always looking for food and will eat ANYTHING that I give them. I'll not be suprised at all when they start eating rocks......... ! I think Lisa that you may have to be daddy for giant fry. BTW what did you cross him with? Cheers, Brad.