The things I do for my fish!

sunnylass

Origin in their wisdom today decided to do some work on the power lines in my street and we were informed we would have no power between 9am and 3pm. My first thought was my 3 week old halfmoonxCT babies, and I wasnt sure whether the tub would retain the heat for the whole six hours, so I rang origin and they supplied me with a generator lol. I'm sure the two guys that turned up must have thought I was nuts, but it made me feel better knowing that at least the bubs would continue to have their filter and heaters running. The rest of the fish were ok. Am I nuts????? (wait don't answer that, I think I already know).

You're not crazy. I think that was a brilliant idea! My partner needs to do some hard wiring around the house but I won't let him do it coz that means he needs to turn all the power off. & there's no way I'd let my fishies get cold. PLUS a job that should only take a couple of hours will probably take him a couple of days! lol

Ooooooooooooh I feel so much better now. I was worried everyone would think I was a complete nutter. I knew the other fish would be ok, but these wee bubs were important. I never dreamt origin would offer a generator, but now I know ;)