Cambodian Red's

najrick

Hi Joep, Thanks for the comments. For an F2 we are thinking of the first male and the Mum. We don't have a picture of the mum and she is resting and a bit tattered from a recent spawn. She is a much deeper red with little to no irrids and she is an 8 ray SD. We want to keep the nice finnage, especially the anal and dorsal fins and try to improve the colouring now. Cheers, Pat.

Hi Pat, This could indeed be a nice combination. But I would be a bit carefull with combining fish with heavy raysplits..from my own experience I know that this could induce (extreme) rosetails which can take the balance out of your fish again. As you can already see in the first fish there is an extensive splitting of the rays which already shows some rosetail characteristics in the caudal and curling in the anal finnage. Just my thought.....off course I could be totally wrong here :lol:. Many greetings, Joep

very nice indeed..i agree, anal is the area to get work on. Look at the dorsal on 3rd male too!! quite interesting the females don't look as much impressive, but they still have lots of growing, so keep an eye on those females ;) They're going to have large caudals :( Wish Lis can see them...she's gonna crazed about them :(

Well the funny thing is I don't really know where the parents came from. :( When I chose my original red pair there was a bit (well a lot really) of a mix up and I got sent the wrong fish. The original pair was supposed to be a Naiyana pair.

They seem to think that we got the right female which would make mum a Naiyana girl but the male was not the same. The dad at a guess is a Suthasine boy. But that is a guess as there was such a mix up. :(

Either way I am happy with the results. And like you guys I just love their dorsals. There has to be DT blood in that lot somewhere. Maybe an F2 (or is it an F1 now?) will show some.

Should be just about perfect for the Pet & Animal Expo next year?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry Graeme but these boys will probably be over the hill by then. But I am hoping their babies will be there. ;)

Thanks for all the great comments guys. And like edie said they still have a bit of growing to do. So I will keep you all up-dated.

Najina

Archived