Source of BW in Sydney

edie

OK, I just want to know where u think I can source BW for bulk buying. My lfs doesn't order these days or not getting the order (or whatever the excuse was) and I want to buy bulk (1 litre or 2) or exchange it with my bettas. I've talked to Auburn and they just want to charge me an arm for it....It seems the only one not-yet-visited is South Windsor (Phil :D) and that's way too far for me :cheer: Although if it must be, I'll try to have a drive there every 2 weeks or so. Any other sources u can suggest me? PM me if it's too 'hot' :lol:

Pisces needs (if I remembered correctly): * bulk order of above certain $$$ * ABN Anybody can approach Pisces for this? It will be good if we can pool together and buy bulk for this LOL. I don't mind travelling once every 2 weeks or so to get my worms, if the price is right :cheer:

I really don't suggest you to buy 1 lit (approx 1 kilo) though...the only reason I'm buying that much because i've got lots of mouth to feed....that's life when you get too many bettas :D :D Anyway, it usually last me 3 or 4 weeks...if they are going OK...sometimes the worms sux, they are not in good condition (some dies etc), so I lost about 1/4 from washing etc.. I dump them outside in the foambox, change water whenever i feel like to (when dirty etc) and they can last longer. I find that if you put plants in the water, the water will remains clean and they're happy too (and I'm happy, no need to change water), but you can't do this with 1L worms....way too much of them, they make the water dirty very fast. So, split them up into a couple foamboxes and keep the water clean. Every 3 days, throw in a pinch of pellets (like 10 pellets or something) for them to eat. Filter is not needed, but air is good to have. I find that they are actually quite easy to maintain if you have lots of water flowing through them (kinda washing them continuously) but I don't have such luxury (where they h*ck can I get so much water pumped through the worms??? I thought about putting them in my sump, but my sump has fish and they got so fat in a matter of minutes :D) Prices....it varies, on low average some lfs charges 50$ - 70$ per half litre (bout 100-140$ per kilo). If you get better price than this, then I don't mind to have my supply from your lfs LMAO. The most important things are: quality of the worms (no dead if possible, fat and active) and price :D If you see them half dead or skinny and not much moving, that's it...you gonna waste lots of money cause they gonna die in couple of days time. During summer they become too active and this cause lots of problems...Mainly many of the worms ended up dead even before they reach you

Usually they only last for 3 weeks though but that's just me....i'm a little bit 'overfed' my fish with this BW. I've been trying to get them reproduce, but demands always higher than supply I'm afraid....these worms reproduce verrrrrrryyyyyyy slow!

Yes, they behave like normal worm...Problem with them is, when you chop them, u gamble whether 2 halves will live....These darn worms die easily. Sometimes I've got good stock of them and they reproduce easily, but some other times they don't even reproduce (I can't see the red thin worms)

The lfs said $50 for 1/2 kg but might get 1/4 to see how it goes. Thanks for the info. After seeing how much you feed and the size and quality you get in your fish I have started to feed more and better quality live if I can get it with excellent results!!!!! The $2.50 is those little packets but mine cost $3-5 and last one feed, special treat.

Edie, You're welcome to come dredge my fountain. As it hasn't been running for the last month there should be lots of baby bloodworms on the bottom. Not hard to breed them if you have some murky, sandy water outside in the garden. If you do get an order from Pisces I'm interested in getting hold of plants. Lis

Archived