New Plecs :D

Mango4Jade

This week i purchased some new plecs to add to my 4X2X2 community tank.

First I purchased a colony (5) of L066 (King Tiger Plec) @ 6-8cm [$120 X 5]

Then the next day I got a Pair of L397 and pair of Albino Gibby. [Total $550]

3 Days later (today), i got another 4 L066 to add the new bloodlines into the existing colony [$100 X 4]

Here are some photos of the fish.

05102007066.jpg

07102007069.jpg

07102007071.jpg

My plans are to breed the L066, then with more experience, I will go and breed some Zebra Plecs.

Mango ^_^

There nice guys! I got some common BN to clean my community tank. They are so funny to watch, if i come close they stop eating and stare at me then slowly do a moon walk backwards into shelter :lol: For some reason I think its hilarious. I recently bought 6 small peppermints.

I wouldst mind getting into some of the pretty plecos. Hope your got a trillions dollars on hold for those zebras hahaha :lol:

Calla, the thing with Zebras are 3 out of 10 fish you buy will die on you. And even if you have them at adult size, its hard to spawn. At $500+ per 3cm fish, not much people has them. They only lay about 12 eggs each spawn so even if you have the money its sometimes hard to obtain. Seriously IMHO Zebras will stay up there in the price. Even overseas, they are still worth about $395US. I also wish too people will breed more, but its upto the fish's mood to breed or not to breed.

Mango :dontknow:

Sadly, I think you might be right. Still, the price has more than halved in the last 5 years, so hopefully it keeps going in that direction. They are just such lovely fish :)

Keep up the piccies, I have a mate who is trying his hand at breeding the little suckers and I'm sure he'd be interested to hear how you get on with these numbers :)

Oh wow! They are so interesting looking! I like the L397 best. Great markings. OK I have to avert my gaze now. Going off to do some water changes to bring me back down to reality. There should be a fish addicts warning on these types of posts! :Drunk_Buddies2:

Archived