my simple tanks

divy

hi all these are my tanks im still new to bettas so its a pretty simple set-up

i made the stand myself i wired up the lights which are wide angle white leds and i can change it to blue moonlight leds at night with a flick of a switch

the tanks are heated incase you all are worried i cut channels in the wood under the tanks and have a reptile heating cord in the channels

and i made java moss floors in them which is just some plastic mesh cut to shape and then java moss on top held down with fishing line

and the bettas cant see eachother because i have black plastic on the glass dividers i take the dividers off every now an then to let the flair at each other

my idea for the setup was i wanted it compact to fit in that space beside my tv stand where it is and i wanted it to do everything that the bettas needed and i wanted no wires and heaters to show so it looks really clean thats why i went for the under tank heating cord

the hard part was trying to come up with a way to light it and make it so you cant see the wiring for 12 white leds and 6 blue leds

i plan on breeding my white dt hm female which is coming in the next shipment with the blue mask bf hm or red dragon hm and buying a wall aquarium and putting the females from the spawn in there

oh sorry pics are a little blurry lol

P1010126.jpg

P1010122.jpg

thank you all for the kind words its really nice to hear people like your tank step ups

brett the lights are inside the top panels of wood i drilled inside the wood from the back and then drilled a small hole on the bottom which is at the top of the tanks and pushed the wiring threw the hole and popped the led out of the bottom hole so even if you look under the top panel all you see is the led globe

i got them from lfs there aquaone

each fish has 2.6 litres of water and i do water changes 3 times a week (monday wednesday friday)

bettarazzi yeah the dark background makes the colour of them pop and they look even better at night when the white leds are on,

you cant really see them good at night with the moonlights on but i think it still looks pretty impressive

thanks agian for the nice words

bettarazzi yeah the dark background makes the colour of them pop and they look even better at night when the white leds are on,

you cant really see them good at night with the moonlights on but i think it still looks pretty impressive

Yeah its look like good show tank!

Could you give us a total cost?

um total cost not 100% sure heres the list

led lights,wire,resistors,power supply and some stuff i had like soildering iron an wire an heatshrink $55-65

mdf wood,screws,wood putty,paint $75

tanks i think were $50 each

heat cord $25

java moss and mesh $20

so around $280 or so to make it and set it up

beano no i didnt get them from my lfs i wired them up myself, its pretty simple to do and didnt cost much so if you would want to do them yourself let me know and ill do a how-to thread for you

bettarazzi to be honest im not sure if leds are enought to grow plants but my java moss seems to like it lol

each led is 15000 mca and theres 12 and each blue led is 8000 mca but if anyone considers using leds i would suggest wide angle ones cause i tried normal white leds and it didnt light up the tanks enough because the angle of light they give out is only 20degrees which gives you a more spotlight effect wheres the white wide angle ones are 180 degrees which lights up the tanks nicely

Archived