Hi folks... :)

Stuart Elflett

Hi Folks,

Well, lets see, my name is Stuart Elflett, I'm a fishaholic... oh, wrong meeting... :D

I found you guys whilst searching google, chasing any info on how those little floating java balls that all the shops have now are made... given there aren't *that* many Australian fishkeeping oriented sites, I figured it'd be worth joining (I'm a member of four other forums, regular contributor 'cos I'm a forum junkie... lol)

Hmmmm, what fish do I keep?? Guppies, an Oto, Fantails, Black Moors, Homaloptera Yunnanensis, Gastromyzon (Hillstream Loach/Borneo Sucker), an Albino Cory, a couple of Swordtails, Danios (zebra's, and longfins - hopefully some Kerri Danio if I can get 'em), Neon Tetras, Blue Rams, Congo Tetras, Black Widow Tetras, White Clouds and a few Platy's... I'll post some pics soon...

Outside of fish... well, I'm an avid photographer, I've done commercial photographic work, but I don't make a living from it, just do what comes along, I'm considered a petrol head, I'm definitely a reader (and ocassional writer) but I don't do much cross stitch... I also cook (read that in your best Steven Seagal voice, please...) :D

I look forward to meeting you all here, and getting to know a bit about you, too...

Cheers,

Stuart

lol I remember that "I also cook" bit :D

you're in the right place if you're a fishaholic :D we are all a bit fish crazy here :D

sounds like you're a great interesting addition to our forum :D hope to hear heaps from you and to see some piccies of your fishies ;)

~Stacey

Hey Stuart, Welcome :P

Yeah what kind of petrol head lol?

It seems like you have very nice and interesting fish, although we need pics :P we all love pics here!! (and no excuses because i read the photography bit too!!!)

You need bettas! The only thing your missing! A few weeks with us and im sure you'll have some!

Ned.

Oh good more photography expertise. You can teach me how to take better pics of my fish. And please don't say DSLR, faewyn has already done that. :P

Go back to the LFS in a couple of weeks and check out the java moss balls. They will have started to unravel by then LOL! One of the LFSs I go to has a number of naked bio balls floating off some fishing line. Pretty sure they used to be java moss balls. I don't think they even managed to sell any before the things started to come apart :P

Welcome to Bettaholics Anonymous! Bettaholic / Fishaholic / Forumholic.... you'll fit in well.

Michael

G.day and welcome Stuart, its always good to meet another fish nut i'm always in trouble with the missus for buying tanks and fish ( i'm up to 11 tanks now ) bloody ebay.

good choice with the henry's ol' mate you can't beat a bit of blue oval muscle

Jamie

i was hoping for a XU1 GT-R LJ Torana, but i got an AU Falcon. Ford fans, disappointing! Nice looking kit on it though, is it a Tickford kit?

No, I've got a Hawk front bar, and a C2R rear bar, the standard XR6 spoiler, and cloned XR8 side skirts - Speedy 'Mantaray' 17" wheels... will be putting a sports ute grille on there, with mesh to match the Hawk bar...

Welcome Stuart :)

And Mike I agree with you, what the **** is a "Hawk front bar, and a C2R rear bar, the standard XR6 spoiler, and cloned XR8 side skirts - Speedy 'Mantaray' 17" wheels"

WAY over my head there :) all I know is, a ford is a car, just the same as a holden (tho I prefer the holdens, sshhh)

This place sure has the unusual mixture of fish, horse, car, pet ppl I have ever seen, so don't worry Stuart, I'm sure you'll find some other petty head outs there :)

lol i like cars too :) in fact i named my car Eleanor lol (i've a 1986 toyota celica sx, champagne colour)

but i don't know much about cars, that's my mum and stepdad who know everything :)

my mum has a 10th anniversary trans-am with a bird on the bonnet :) now she's pretty!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived