Hey everybody

garrett

Hey all, my name is Cam,

I'm from the Northern suburbs of Melbourne, and I am wanting to start breeding bettas. I have had a couple of beaut bettas over the last 6 years or so both VT's from LFS (hope I got that right). My brother and I are looking at breeding HM, OHM in either extended reds or red/coppers (and may be some butterfly reds). We aim to start breeding in September/October provided we are able to find the right fish.

So anyway, found the forums, and well we are in much need of advice. I have read lots of interesting stuff but still have a heap of questions.

Thats probably enough for now but be prepared for the question onslaught.

Cam

Hi Cam, Welcome to the forums, you've come to the right place! Everyone is here to learn and help at the same time, great to see a new breeder coming in, you have great goals and good luck with reaching them.

Ned.

Welcome :)

Ask away we're all here to help.

It may also help you to do a search for topics you're interested in, I'm sure a lot of your questions have already been asked many times over, if you do a search you're more than likely to find the answers already in the forums :)

~Stacey

Hi Cam! Hooray! Another Melbourne breeder. I'm planning on doing a red HM pairing in a week or so. If I can successfully raise them, there very well might be some good reds for you to choose from around September. KitzLovesBettas has a red HM spawn which just hatched last night. So fingers crossed that they survive. Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the kind welcome everyone :) . I'm glad people approve and don't think my plans/goals are too far fetched.

Bettarazzi it's great to hear that there are betta breeders in Melbourne, I thought I might have to my fish from QLD or even Asia, so it's good to know breeders are close.

Thanks again, I'm in the middle of exams right now, so back to study.

far fetched? We aim high around here. I'm trying to breed gold CT's by crossing my Black copper CT male with a yellow long finned VT female, then cross the offspring to get some gold. At the same time I'm trying to use the same male with the black copper CT female I imported him with to get more of them, since their first spawn are a bit midget...

Welcome!

Archived