Whats this little girl?

Ned

hey guys i had a pic of one of my females in another thread, but i think she deserves her own this time... her coloring is awesome and she spreads like a champ! do you think she is hm? or close to it even? let me know what you guys think.. i like her tail colorings... reminds me of a guppy lol.

GirlyNew.jpg

GirlyNew2.jpg

GirlyNew3.jpg

ooo she's pretty ;) I'd be guessing that there's definitely some HM, maybe even as far as Rosetail in her by the way her fins are shaped (or have tankmates been nippy?)???

I'm no expert someone else will probably know the answer though!

Quite lovely!

With a bit of work she might get a full 180* :cheer: it looks like she is SD at the moment, but not far off!

Technically, because of the rounded edges, she isn't your textbook HM, but a 180* spread on a girl is nothing to be scoffed at, rounded edges or not! :)

Quite long fins too, and nicely in proportion IMO, I really like her :)

She does hey, those clear fin edges really give it that appearance. Doesn't seem to flare like a boy though, and it has stubby ventrals and that odd pot-belly look, so I think it probably is a girly. Have been known to be wrong though!

This is the annoying thing about colourful girls with longer fins and males popping up with ovipositors and piddly ventrals :cheer:

Thanks everonye... i had/still have a feeling she's a male too.. but i dont think she is... when you say "With a bit of work she might get a full 180*" what do you mean by a bit of work? i hope its not plastic surgery.

im getting sus about alot more then just s/him.. i got one female who has a bubble nest and is bigger then my males.. but she has a big tummy and what looks like that little egg hole. i didnt think sexing my females would be a problem cause i though they were all females lol.

i got them all from a nice guy on this forum, he stopped breeding so i took most of his fish.. i have some amazing looking girls, but just no males to breed them with :) maybe i should look into that breeder exchange program. ill try take some more pics.

i got some more pics guys... ohh.. i was cleaning their barracks and i put "her" and the other "female" from the pics at the start of this thread in the same tank for a minute and she started ripping the blue ones fins. so thats pretty much confirmed to me she is a he.

DSC01605.JPG

DSC01600.JPG

DSC01604.JPG

like a big big HM male or a HMPK?

im kinda hopin your right lol, cause there is another one that looks like him in the female tank... oh sh*t i better take "him" out too lol.

i got all these lovely monkeys from ratthanuwat, he doesnt have many left lol.. if any... i took most.

• 4 weeks later...

hey guys... the blue girl... which i also tried to spawn lol ended up to be a male... i put (now him) infront of his spawn brother and they both flared up like crazy after a few mins... then i showed him a mirror and he went nuts at it.. so im pretty sure he's a male.

i took a few pics off my new phone, but there not as good as my old phone... even though there both 2mp.

hes been nipped at a few times cause he was in the spawning tank with another male lol... he was there for quite a while too, about 2 weeks i think.

its so strange they never killed each other. oh now im starting to think hes a females again lol.

his spawn brother is in the background.

Photo0036.jpg

Photo0035.jpg

awesome news, those are some great males :) i'd say the marble will be a longfin.

and don't worry, i kept all my young males together well past that stage of development and they never killed each other either, for some reason boys raised together are more tolerant of each other (as opposed to introduced males) :)

ROFL! if i was closer i'd be all for trading/borrowing fish! i love the black/white boy you've got, he's match my black/platinum grizzled females so well!!

oh hey stace, speaking of black/platinum grizzles, turns out gimpy is a little girl! s'y her fins didn't sprout and i thought she was super slow on development :P;;

Archived