some new pics

Celeste84

just a few updated pics

this is my "mystery fry", he's rather small/slow growing, and has a pair of gimpy pec fins, but he's active and healthy :D he'll eventually be a platinum black grizzle - and he has a lot of cello in his fins as well.

100_5641small.jpg

this is his older cousin, i'm gonna breed her to his brother and maybe if he gets big enough little gimpy himself (as you can see she's a weeeee bit bigger than him atm).

100_5633small.jpg

one of my extended red cambos. there were actually a few good clean cambos (not ER) in the girls i kept, but they hate photos :P

100_5735small.jpg

this is her sister - i'm particularly happy with this girl as she inherited a trait from her mum, the caudal and anal fins are joined at the bases (only 2-3mm though) and i really want to see if i can carry this through and extend it to males, i think if the fins were even partially joined it could help prevent the tails from blowing out. one other girl has this trait as well.

she's becoming a nice red all over, but the mild dragon scaling makes her look much paler on camera :D;;

100_5673small.jpg

this is her sister - i'm particularly happy with this girl as she inherited a trait from her mum, the caudal and anal fins are joined at the bases (only 2-3mm though) and i really want to see if i can carry this through and extend it to males, i think if the fins were even partially joined it could help prevent the tails from blowing out. one other girl has this trait as well.

100_5673small.jpg

one of my boys has this, i hadn't noticed it before now but it looks as though they're joined by a good 4-5mm. is it possible that breeding for this trait could result in the caudal and anal fins becoming completely joined?

I used to get this in the occasional VT when I used to breed them. I didn't select for it because it looked wrong on VTs with the length and shape of the two fins involved. Maybe it'll come up better on HMs ?...

thats what i mean, he's slowing down a bit now. got the old bubble nest and all, but i think thats just for show :D the girlies don't interest him at all, and they don't seem to pay him much attention either :D so either he's lost interest in the girlies or he's batting for the other team :D

:D

thanks guys :D naw they're not PK they're 100% longfinned girls :D some of the others have lovely full fins, longer than even the PK boys i have :D i am tossing up whether or not to add PK into the line though.

lady, naw her tail, dorsal and pecs all have black in them (only happened in the last few weeks), but her body is still clean, so who knows, i may get a bi-coloured marble LOL and lilli, yeah they're from the crosses of nick's teals :D all the fish from those spawns were either BF or grizzled marbles :D

stace, yeah gimpy's really picked up lately, he's starting to act the man ROFL! i'll seperate him soon, but, he's happy in the tank and the girls aren't picking on him yet :D

i'm kinda hoping to extend the joining, but i dunno to what extent. it'd be a matter of fin stability vs. manouverability. so i guess it's a matter of trial and error :D

got a few more images :D

100_5770.jpg

the half giant boy i got off cat, he's really growing fast, he's as big as the adult males now and still growing :D

100_5801small.jpg

100_5853small.jpg

one of the extended red cambodian girls, she looks so much like her dad in colour!

100_5836small.jpg

cute pic of the platinum marbles ;) it's funny to watch this pair as the female mothers the little male a LOT.

100_5820small.jpg

my copper girl. i didn't actually realise she was a BF until i took this pic!!! i shouldn't be surprised though as all the fry from that particular spawn were either BF or grizzled marble.

Archived