Water Pumps

Leema

So I recently killed the pump in my pond by letting the waterlevel get too low. I'm looking for a new pump, but I am not sure how to describe what I am looking for. I'm sure many of you are familiar with the outflow of pumps... However, on most pumps I look at, the intake seems to be through a grill material. What I want, however, is an intake through a tube of a specific diametre... How do I say that in a less long winded fashion? :thumbs:

The thing is, Ray, I don't know what to look for because I don't know what it's called. However, they do have the type I currently have (the one that died) - HQB 3500. However, I can't see any descriptors describing the intake as tubular and I don't want to get that brand again, because it's noisey. (For the HQB, you take off the grill and there's a tube underneath. The photo doesn't show this.) To get as photo I'd have to actually dig around in my pond to get the pump out. :blink: Jess wants to get me to work again. Phil, a powerhead might be what I end up getting. You're right in that they normally have an intake tube, while submersible pumps like I want normally have a grill instead.

ok lemma have you checked that the pump doesnt have something caught in the impellor and that is why it is not working as for that type of pump you have i have found them pretty good and run one for my sump on my main tank and its fairly quite imo as for what you are doing im totally lost alomg with everyone else here :lol: are you looking to attach a hose barb or something to the intake it should be pretty easy to do you may have to try an irrigation place to find one your after but reducing or enlarging the intake to fit a prefilter shouldnt be all that hard to do Ray

No, I haven't checked the pump yet. I certainly will before buying one. It's just a pain because I have to dig it out of my pond, and unscrew it and stuff. Maybe it's just a dodgy one and that's why it's noisey? The pond is all set up with tubing attached to the intake of the pump. The pump drags water through soil, through my own grill, and then squirts it out through another tube at the other side of the pond. I haven't seen any other pumps that I can attack tubing to in this fashion (on the intake), only on the outflow... And if I buy another pump online, I need to know what it's called (I think I've settled on tubular intake :) ) for when I'm searching. My current (dead one) has my own prefilter attached to it. My next one I want to change the pump, but not the prefilter - so I need another pump which can have a tube attached to its intake... Er, okay. I hope that is clearer? :) Pictures on the weekend will help, I'm sure!

Archived