Meet Earl

Mishy

Once upon a time... when bettas were kept in plastic cups, I walked into an aquarium that I had never been before.

Looking at the substandard fish that were available, my eyes were caught by a flash of orange tinged with blue...

Posted Image

What's that? Another flash

Posted Image

I followed the blinding lights and what did i see? A shy male, peering out at me through all his finny glory.

Posted Image

Showing me how acrobatic he was, he even showed me he could lie down

Posted Image

.. and dive

Posted Image

.. and pose :flex:

'>

I had to know his name... when i did, I knew I had to take him home... No matter the cost.. (the grand amount of $4)...

Not bad for a pet shop boy eh? :giggle: I finally got around to taking some pics of him after much conjoling from Liz.. His true colours are in the last two pics, but I can't believe how much fin this boy has! (neither can he, and he's taking to trimming his own fins lately... :rant::rant: )

He looks like one of those whirly ribbon thingies that little girls like you swirl around and laugh with so much pleasure! He suits you perfectly Mish :giggle: He is gorgeous too!! P.s what are those nugget looking things on the bottom?

He looks like one of those whirly ribbon thingies that little girls like you swirl around and laugh with so much pleasure!

:(

P.s what are those nugget looking things on the bottom?

Being Earl, he always chooses the best time to do a poop. I gave him a nice water change before taking pics of him (the water has blackwater so the yellow tinge) then when i pulled out the camera, poo. I had to siphon it out and nearly ended up swallowing it, cause he wanted to have his fins vaccuumed too.

Archived