My First Ct

lady0421

After being on the forum for awhile, I've developed a new hobby - aquarium shopping. I like going to different lfs just to see what fish are availabe and just looking at products over and over again.

Funny enough, I no longer have desire to shop for clothes like I used to - this fish, aquarium shopping has taken over - sometimes I feel it's a new addition that can be rather costly.

Like the other day - after lunch, me and my partner decided to walk around because we were so full. By the end of the afternoon, I was on my way home with a new tank in my lap (new air pump, heater, filter...etc.) Now I've got myself a fish tank on my working desk.

Then today, we thought we'll have a look at the Pet City - something to kill time before we have lunch - then I spotted this little guy - the only one active betta at the lfs - within 30sec, I have him put into a bag and purchased him home.

Here's a pic of him, we named him Toyota!! I've put him in a little jar to check if he's okay - I don't usually buy fish from Pet City (bad previous experiences) but anyhow, I'm surprised I found a pretty betta there!! (A lot of bad luck at Pet City before - never came across anything as beautiful as he)

I have him in a little rounded jar, pictures are really hard to take.

Here's Toyota's head:

Posted Image

Posted Image

And here's Toyota's tail:

Posted Image

Here's the tank with the cycling guppy - Toyota's new home:

Posted Image

Nice find! DRCT too :)

Keep an eye on that fluffy area on his neck/back. Clean water should clear it up, but just watch it doesn't get bigger :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I most definately will, I can't believe how dirty his original tank water is!!! And it didn't help when the lfs put him in the bag, they don't bother removing the waste as well...

I was so worried that he's sick or that he's developing dropsy because of the way his scales looked.

He's active and loves to eat, popped two pellets, he almost caught the pellets with his mouth without it dropping into the water - just like I aimed right into his mouth!!

Compare to the other betta I've had, he's so fatter and chubbier - looks like he has big full lips too - he's one strange looking betta!!

Archived