My 2 New Koi

Phil

I got the orange one because he looks like a tiger :cheer: there was another black orange marble but he didnt look as unique as this one :) The White one is actually 100 times better in real life, just dosent show up as nice in pictures. You are right robbie, goldfish have nothing on koi :)

Thanks Mango :cheer:

This is my other koi. I have 2 exactly the same colour. These 2 were part of 12 small 4cm koi that i put into the pond about 2 years ago and were the only 2 to survive, must be a strong colour lol. You can see the mouth of the other one at the top :)

Posted Image

Nick had 3 koi that were in need of a new home so i was very grateful to get them :D (THANKS NICK!!)

These 2 (Orange and red/white) are about 30cm:

Posted Image

This one is about 20cm but the pattern is different and really looks good in the pond:

Posted Image

And a random koi pic:

Posted Image

Looks great Phil! The Orange with White Pec fins is a aka hajiro [hajiro means fish with white pec fins] The White with red head, mouth is unfortunately a Kohaku, but if the red spot on the tail tube isnt there then its an interesting Tancho :D But still a very nice fish! The scaleless koi is a Doitsu Ki Matsuba. Doitsu meaning scales, Ki is yellow and Matsuba is Pine cone pattern on scales. A very attactive specimen and wont mind it in my pond :D Hope you like them all cause i like em too! Mango :D

Archived