Young Dragon Hm Male

Phil

This is one i got from Nick. This fella was swimming around in one of his growout tanks so peacefully. Since he has been separated for nearly a week he has sprouted abit and got quite aggressive. I find it amazing that his fins developed like this without any exercise and in with about 40 other fish :byebye:

Posted Image

I was lucky enough to snatch 2 pairs of these - a DT pair and a PK pair (they seem to be PK anyway!). So hopefully soon we'll have a nice wide Aussie gene pool of Nick's Dragons and it will be fascinating to see how the strain develops and what people cross into it! :)

• 4 weeks later...

o.o o.o *prays* please let mine turn out like that, please let mine turn out like that!! LOL beautiful fish :) never really liked dragons until i saw nicks, there's something so nice about them, they're really appealing :) prolly cause all the others i've seen have only been masked on their sides or have been red bodied as well as red finned LOL

Thanks everyone (forgot to check back in here!)

Stefan, the female has developed more, i think the branching has gone overboard a little though. I love her long ventrals though! The fry are going well too. I wont be breeding this pair again, so they might be in need of a new home soon :sad:

Here is the female now:

Posted Image

Archived