Help Suggestions Required Quickly!

stubbskm

The organizers of the fish section in our show got back to me last night. The problem is now I have to find something to make divides out of to cover an area 36cm X36cm. I need a min of 10 by Saturday. They are being very helpful and have even had a glazier in. The problem is that the tanks are 3ft divided into sections and the support bars prevent using frosted glass this year. They are going to change the tanks so this won't be a problem next year. For people who had not hear about carding until I talked to them they are trying to help in everyway but I still need something for next week. It doesn't help when last year only two VT were displayed. I am entering 16, 10 males, the rest females. Talk about throwing a spanner into the works. :D I will be viewing the tanks tonight but ANY suggestions has to what I could use would be great.

Do you mean actual dividers in the tanks? We have used rigid Gutter Guard panels (Mitre 10 each approx 45cm l x 20cm h) in the past with success though there is still vision, we used to use cut down plastic page separaters and attach to block the view cheers Deb

I also use plastic file divides but they are not going to be big enough. Plactic covers would be okay length way but are only 24 cm wide. 12 cm shorter than the divide. They may work depending on water level! Has anyone ever used a PVC sheet cut up? It comes in 3mm thickness? Colours are grey and white.

Vicki, you and the glazier think alike. He found corrugated plastic between his glass sheets and thought it might do the job. Only his is black not white and the best thing about it is that it is free. <_< He usually throws the stuff away. I think I will ask him to save some for me.

Well I have spent about 1/2 a day bagging fish, setting up tanks and settling fish. Forgot the food so had to make two trips :) . Most are settling in really nicely. My red SD is throwing a major sulk, lying on the bottom of the tank on his side :byebye: , but he is the oldest and right next to the door that is being open and shut quite a bit while they are setting up the other tanks. He should pick up once everything is finished.

The organizer is impressed with some of the males already. :)

Below are pictures of the tanks, (fish are in there, somewhere). Judging is Monday night. Will post shots of the place getters later in the week.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Results are in!

Siamese Fighters

1st Red SD Male by Najrick

2nd Black DT Female by Stubbskm

3rd Tri-band SD Male by Stubbskm

Tropical Fish Champion Red SD Male by Najrick

Show Champion Red SD Male by Najrick

Photos of fish will come later as the tanks are too big to get decent pictures from.

Posted Image

I would like to thank Kerry for all that she has done with this Rockhampton show. Hopefully we managed to show a lot of central Queenslanders that there is a lot more to the humble fighter than just the LFS boys. Shame we couldn't send up any HM's but we didn't have any of an age that we weren't preparing for breeding or looking at selling. Thanks again Kerry for all your hard work. :thumbs: Oh and Aiden if I was judging your black CT would have won hands down as he is drop dead gorgeous. :drool: Najina

Najina, Aiden is greatful for your comments on his CT :goodo: . We should update his pictures! Next year we will have to make up some cards to hand out. The inquires the co-ordinator has had today, we could have sold every one of our fish and still had people waiting. They were wanting to know which LFS they had come from. The co-ordinator set them straight and I have given permission to hand out my details. So don't be surprised if you get a few e-mails Najina/Patrick. The co-ordinator has also found a major sponsor for next year. So look out, next year the HM's and OHM's are coming out. :(

Archived