A little piece of Smarg Heaven ...

Betta_Di

Well okay, tis more a lesson on why acrylic tanks are crappy (read damn the algae is IN the plastic - checkout the bright green areas), however, this is my girly tank full of 6 smarg gals, lily's experimental female and a couple of I-can't-remember-their-name corys.

Posted Image

^ just above the arrow is a very pale smarg girly. Tis a 10 gallon tank with a UGF, a HOB, lots of pots courtesy of "Dan, The FlowerPot Man", and a non-operating sand fountain in the background.

My original birthday tank - and I love it :thumbs:

Di, the tank looks so inviting!! I really like pot arrangement, I bet the smarags do too! I love planted tanks for the wilds, that way there is some mystery in the tanks and peering into them looking for fish is a challenge in itself!

Apparently it wasn't inviting enough for the smarg gals - they all disappeared :( After staying up until 1am on Thirsday morning pulling apart the tank, removing every ornament and plant, even poking around on the inside of the sand fountain; of neither fin nor scale could a trace be found :( Sorry Abbey - it seems I am not the person to trust with any wild betta *sigh* Oh well I am managing to keep plakats and the babies alive (for now)

Where did they go?? no crispy critters on the floor?

Nope. All escape points were covered with mesh since the suicide of the first smarg (male I think).

Checked the floor, even into #2 sons room.

The clean up crew (corys) are suspected of doing and excellent job (can't blame the mystery snail this time he was threatening to die so I threw him out).

My best guess is that the water change upset them and they died and the corys ate them or the corys didn't bother to wait *lol*

Archived