Betta Fan From Brisvegas !!

Berryfriendly

Hello Everyone :lol: It all began as a sort of a challenge. I have kept fish before over the years but never for any reason other than they were nice to look at. Until recently ... My sister In-Law has been trying to breed bettas for around six months now and has only had 1 successful attempt. She has a very aggressive male who lives to eat his lovers - five of them so far. Anyway the one successful spawn happened without anyone knowing and one day she was cleaning the tank when she realised she had tipped half of the fry down the drain. She didn't know that you had to remove the male and over the next few days he ate the remaining fry. :( Being the pet lover I am, I was hooked on her efforts and went and bought a female fighter (Ariel) from TLS. Three days later I bought her a mate (Sebastian - a red/pink crowntail). I put them in a tank together but seperated and three days later I came home to find Ariel in Sebastian's tank and I had a nest of eggs! My fry are now 13 days old and everything is going well so far. My babies are growing, so they must be eating their food (Microworms & Live/frozen BBS) and mum & dad are doing well. I have done a lot of research on what to do and when but would love some tips - like what size tank do you put over 100 fry in ???? Feel free to post a reply and share your knowledge. Berryfriendly

Hi Berryfriendly & Welcome :lol: Congratulations on your first spawn! :( You may find quite a few of your questions have been answered/discussed already in the betta specific forums esp Spawn Talk, but feel free to wack up a post on anything specific you want to know or just have a natter about :( Looking forward to talking to you on the forums :( Lisa

Hello ;)

What size tank are your 100 fry in now?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

My fry are currently in a tank just over 1 foot in size. I went out and purchased a 2 foot tank yesterday and a new stand so last night i filled it with water and added the heater. I wasn't planning to transfer them for another couple of days yet but will they be able to handle to move? I have read how they don't like to be moved but I can't leave them in such a little tank - I'm afraid they won't grow.

I just want the best for my little babies ... Can anyone offer me some advice?

Berryfriendly

(Fry @ 16 days and going strong) :cheer:

Archived