New Aquatic 'pet'

Em

Just wanted to share two pictures I took of my new pet yabby. I saw them at a pet shop on Wednesday afternoon and ended up going back yesterday and getting one. Sorry it's not too clear, the water's still a bit murky and the little critter keeps stirring it up.

Posted Image

Posted Image

And thanks to Abbey for some yabby advice :)

I caught him (found out it is a male) trying to escape last night, he was ontop of his shell trying to climb up the glass, I stuck the lid back on and he soon stopped his escape plans :( He's also started coming upto the glass when I go to say hello and comes out of his pot and waves his little feelers at me :lol:

I took some more photos about 15 minutes ago, he's settling in really well and hasn't tried to escape again.

Posted Image

This is how he's re-arranging his front and back yard

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Coming to say hello! He's doing this whenever I go to see how he's going (Had to use the flash, hense the red eyes)

He seems to love algae wafers, gets them in his little claws and munches away, it's very cute. And they all looked pretty healthy at the store, he more so as he was bossing the rest of them around a bit. Now he just keeps rearranging all the sand in his home and coming to say hello whenever I look in at him

Are they hard to keep? We had yabbies for awhile in the outdoor pond, and well.. let's say we forgot about them one summer day and they were all cooked... What else do you feed yours em? I used to feel mine earth worms and grated carrots.

Archived