From Parramatta

Callatya

OK, so i'll start with ordinary first :)

I was after a DT, and this little lassie was close to what I was after, nice even lobes, even if they are VT.

i *think* she is some sort of marble or loss, because that colour under the irridescence isn't very stable.

Posted Image

And then there was this one. I thought it might be a boy, but it barred up, and i think I see eggs, I'm after opinions though :)

I LOVE spadetails, so boy or girl, this one was coming home :) Kinda a fun colour too, like my old Laurance :)

Posted Image

And Stefan, NO :) she isn't bent all funny, she has a very straight topline, but i'd just severely overfed her on blackworms so it pulled her all out of shape. :)

Now, the gem :)

I love this girl! OK, not HM, but the ray splits and the spread aren't half bad, and for $4?? She is awesome!

Posted Image

She is over in Critique for anyone that wants to play :)

I think I see eggs in Mr/Ms Spadetail!  Beautiful fish that one, intense purple with orange fins.  Had my eye on her if Abbey had put her back.  Maybe one of Marcus' orange kids would like to play?  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll bet they would! :) (He's got some gorgeous spadetail boys and girls (orange, red and yellow) who are nearly ready to go).

And Stefan, NO  she isn't bent all funny, she has a very straight topline, but i'd just severely overfed her on blackworms so it pulled her all out of shape.

:) And I was about to say "what on earth possessed you to..." :)

But she is very interesting. I would not be surprised if that's what VT females actually look like. And that the other females at the lfs are actually PKs.

BTW, she is a female. There are obvious ovaries showing through her side. No male has that.

The DT VT female looks bruised. I would keep her in some ketapang and melafix, if she looks like that in real life.

The green female is a real gem. Do you have any plans for her?

Its a shame that the VT females colours didnt show up the same as they were, a brilliant purple and apricot orange fins. I almost bought it! Mabey one of Jodis VT males might suit that female abbey? you could supply intresting VTs to the LFS around here?

Its a shame that the VT females colours didnt show up the same as they were, a brilliant purple and apricot orange fins. I almost bought it! Mabey one of Jodis VT males might suit that female abbey? you could supply intresting VTs to the LFS around here?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think she'd be the perfect girl for this boy. :)

I've looked over the DT, she does look like that, but I don't think its bruising. She has a red layer thats morphing and its making her look mighty odd. She has her own jar now with a little plant etc, and she's in ketapang like the rest, so we'll see :shifty: I'm pretty sure its just a colour change. Tellie (spadetail gal got named) seems to be a longtail female. VT females are definately shorttail generally, I remember early on in the game when everyone was breeding VTs that they were getting shorttail girls. I'd like to get more of those spadetails, i think they are stunning! She's a little long to have some serious "wow" but she's not far off! THe reason I was hesitant to say "girl" is because of Anna, who may or may not have been a girl, who refused to breed with Brutus, my male. He built a lovely nest, so I dearly hope that Anna was a girl, but it would go a long way to explaining Brutus's lack of willingness if s/he was a man. I think green girl is going to be spawned and passed around a fair bit :)

Archived