New CT female for my PK boy!

Sarah

Completely forgot to post this!

Got this female at Auburn Aquarium after picking up the fry for the grooming comp/little meet. Paul pointed her out, and couldn't resist after that (thanks Paul :P). Paul, what exactly would you call her colour?

Mum ended up getting her for me after breaking my tank (which was fixed in the end).

Not the best pics, I think they were taken Sunday night/Monday morning. She's definitely nicer in real life - these pics don't do her justice at all.

Shall try and take better ones soon, she all settled in now. Munching on live BSS, since I have them going for the fry.

The plan is to spawn her with Rahiti, [clicky].

Sorry for the quality of these photos, and the fact that she didn't want to flare.

DSCN7507.jpg

DSCN7500.jpg

DSCN7498.jpg

DSCN7488.jpg

DSCN7482.jpg

Hey Sarah, I really didn't think she was a CT at the store... Looks more like some webbing that's been shredded due scuffles in the girl tank. I think she's a super delta, but if you exercise her infront of a mirror, I wouldn't be surprised if she gets close to HM.

In real life she looked like an opaque copper with full mask and "non-red" wash... that salmon pink (orange) is pretty spot on in the pics.

Fatten her up and see how you go with Rahiti. I think they'd be a good match, but you knew that! :D

Thanks, Jarrod!! :D

Thanks Paul. :)

Must be merging my thoughts of two different girls here (ugh.. not good!). I was fairly certain she was CT in the store though, just with the addition of a few nips?

Will have to have a closer look at her later. I do remember thinking earlier that I thought her rays should be longer if she were CT.

She also looks like her nipped fins have repaired really quickly. Good work!

How long before you try her in a spawning tank?

Btw, has Rahiti given the nod of approval yet, or haven't the set eyes on each other yet?

The spawn tank has already been set up, as soon as it's ready I'll give them a go. I've popped the tank on my drawers so I don't have to move it to the fish room for now (starts getting built TODAY), don't want to move the young fry that will hopefully be in it!

I showed her Rahiti and he gave a halfhearted flare but otherwise didn't pay much attention. Will have to try again soon.

Thanks Jarrod! You're most welcome to fry - first on the list if you like (actually these would be more grandkiddies for you)!

Hopefully I'll get a few that turn out like their mother... ish.. either way should be a nice outcome of fry. :)

I might see you tomorrow then, MrPlakat. We're short staffed so I'm on staff tomorrow. :) Feel free to introduce yourself, I should be the only female working, lol. I can tell you we've got some super nice pairs in right now, some of the single ladies are quite nice too.