Anyone tried Liquifry

dwalk

Doubt it. I think most fry eat moving things. They learn to eat pellets ect later. They have a inbuilt reflex to snap at anything passing them that they can fit in there mouth. Also, these fish grow SO fast that they really need lots of good food to be able to support the growth.

This is only my opinion from what I have read and seen.

I used to use it when I started breeding bettas in the 90s (on advice from lfs). I had very low survival rates, as the fry wouldn't accept it and as Busman says, it pollutes the water too easily.

Once I discovered live foods, I found the perfect use for liquifry - great food for grindal worms :) They love it, and the fry get the benefits from it, as it is on the worms gut!

IMO it's only good for creating an infusoria bloom which newly hatched fry can eat but infusoria won't sustain them longer than a day or two. And you've bought this tube only to use a couple of drops. Then it goes off and you have to chuck it out. Vinegar eels have the same ability to provide food for the first couple of days, are really easy to culture and virtually impossible to kill. After the first few days they should be able to take newly hatched brine shrimp which is the best food for them. I've not been able to get Betta fry to eat non-live food before they're about 6 weeks old.

I use Wardleys Liquid fry in conjunction with MW and havent had any polutent probs but I start changing water after two weeks. I would sujest that if people find this method of liquid feeding of fry to poluting that maby threy might be using to much as any form of over feeding couses polution in a tank, seriously a little goes a long way.

Cheers

Les

PS I have used biled egg yolk and thats fine if not much is given and the tank is not to small

true that about live food Yan, but with all the live food I feed my adults and the Mw for fry I realy dont mind not having to raise BBs for the fry and any way all my attempts at BBs have been a little less than retarded so I just except my limitations

Cheers

Les