My new Tarantulas

Matt_95

Is it weird that I think those spiders are pretty? We sold a bird eating spider at my work the other day, it was about the size or a jam jar lid, the man took it out of the enclosure with his hand. Do you have plans for housing them once they grow? And what sort of things are you feeding them?

Edited by Masquerade

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where do you work? I would love one that size! I think I'm getting addicted quick!

As they get larger I will slowly put them in bigger enclosures, once they are big enough I have seen some containers at storage world that would be perfect for a juvie, once they get large Inwill build them a 30cm cube each.

No, I think they look stunning!

I'm hoping to go visit Dr. Raven at work soon and check out what he has up there :D

At a localy owned pet shop, I don't think there's an outlet in QLD. It was the biggest one in stock and the ones left are a bit smaller, I think around 50c piece sized but I haven't had a good look at them for a while. they're pretty expensive at that size, around $60 from memory. You would probably be better off buying a little one from a hobby breeder.

Ann ok, most pet shop spiders are mis id'd anyway or just called a bird eater. The general price is $20 +$1 for every mm I believe.

Just found a 4th instar stick insect on my way to school, kept it in my locker thinking Goliath but I think they may be brown until mature.

c5c3454c.jpg

I've been trying to convince my parents, I'm surprised mum let me get scorpions (scorps, spiders, snakes, rodents/rodent looking things were a BIG no-no).

Mum gave me the whole "dad wouldn't like it, and if he says yes fine", and dad did the whole "mum wouldn't like it, and if she says yes fine". Have just been given the "I don't even CARE what you do anymore" from dad.

Taking it as a yes. WOOHOO!