My new Tarantulas

Matt_95

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is quite difficult to ID tarantulas, often the only way to get a positive ID is to send the shed skin away to an expert for an ID. I would really rather buy one with a definite ID. What is their legspan and are they sexed?

Thanks for finding out for me, it's a nightmare trying to ID tarantulas, you can never go off colour. Sometimes it comes down to the angle the hairs leave the body. I might pass on these. I'm a bit broke and the Phlogius sp. grow around 100mm per year so I may just get a sling. If they are make they will have swollen pedipalps but these may be to small to sex just yet. Males live around 5 years while females live 20-30.

My new slings arrived today, absolutely devastated because my rubiesta scaled tyenglass walls and escaped IN MY ROOM!!!! I feel so irresponsible, I didn't even know they could climb glass, now of my Seleontypus slings can....

My plumipes moulted last night! Woo! Found my rubiseta, she was still in her jar.... My gem feilds have also moulted again and are a much nicer very dark brown colour :) It sucks the last breeding season was a bad one, there are hardly any slings to go around :(

• 4 weeks later...