Visiting some Jewel Box Boys...

shadoh

I took my dog to "doggie daycare" today at a friends house. While I was there, I couldn't resist taking a couple of photos of what I think are 2 of the only males left from this spawn. They are nice veiltails...

Although it doesn't look like it, this marble boy has a nice long flowing tail...

B1.jpg

This was one of the butterfly boys...

B2.jpg

Sorry about the bad phone photos, they never stay still for the phone to focus properly...

One of my regrets too - not keeping enough boys (only kept 2 or 3)

I LOVE the blue and white marble boy. He is so much more stunning in real life. The contrast is amazing :D I've been offered his services as stud if I want to put him with one of my girls. A couple of things put me off - #1 - if anything hapenned to him, I'd feel terrible. #2 - Don't really have a female from that spawn left that I would consider a breeder. #3 - They are pushing 18mths, so possibly past their breeding prime...

• 1 year later...

Believe it or not, the blue white marble boy is still alive and well. He would be two and a half years old now. He has lived in a bowl with the original piece of java moss he was jarred with as a fry (albeit the moss has grown to populate 4 other bowls. He is still being fed the cheap masterpet Betta food he was weaned onto before being sent to his new home. He is flared once a day and still builds a better best than fish half his age...

Goes to show that given the right conditions, these fish can lead a long happy life.