New Tank

sha

New tank, soon to be a successful spawn tank (ever the optimist), once my new guests arrive this week.

20L Kmart special

50 watt Hydor heater

Aqua One sponge filter

1 x moveable glass divider

Flora - Hair grass and Java moss.

Fauna - 2 resident cherry shrimp which arrived in the moss. Female is carrying eggs but since I have never kept shrimp I figure they can be food for my new guests.

IMG_0396.jpg

Havent named this tank yet so feel free to give me suggestions.

Sha, if you're planning to make it a spawn tank, might I suggest to reduce the water level by around.. 40%? :)

It makes it much easier for the male to travel from the nest to the bottom of the tank to gather the eggs.

Good luck! :)

I use those kmart tanks for most of my guys. Scored a heap on special.

Name for the tank.... I call my 20L tanks, the Bangkok Hilton because they are more luxurious then an aquaone barracks and spawn tanks are the honey moon suites. If you are on the top row of tanks...Penthouse suites.

@Keratz - Yeah I only had the water high whilst it was cycling. It has now been reduced though only by about 25% at the moment.

@MOTH - Thanks for the suggestion. I am actual in the middle of making a stand so I can have another one of these tanks on top of this one so naming it after a hotel is a good idea.

@SiameseFightingFist - It was $20 at my local kmart. Came with a filter, gravel, net, ornament and background of which I kept the net and filter. The heater should have the top part above the water line however I have never done so and so far, touch wood, have never had an issue keeping them under the water line.

The two little shrimp which came with the java moss are supprisingly awesome and I am enjoying their antics. I may need to get another tank just for shrimp.