More Tanks than Kids...

mumofthehoarde

Ahh so THAT'S what MTS stands for! I certainly have it! lol

Yan - My fishroom is also my laundry, and as it's winter and cold, I have all my little tanks inside one big heated bucket. As the room is fairly small, it is almost like a sauna in there (I even have the steamy windows lol). So, I think it would be more efficient that way, but even then, my water temps fluctuate a little, so maybe not...

I have a 5kw split system in that room which we use to keep us warm. I monitored an unheated 8L tank throughout winter and temps fell to 21c. but considering we hit -4c outside that isnt too bad.

When I did the calculations, individual heating was still in front...Even tho it cost a small fortune for humpteen dozen power boards which my sparky says looks unsightly but is the safest way to go, short of getting the house rewired. So long as I dont overdo a circuit but I had him come and check to make sure I was ok.

wow that looks awesome, very jealous here!

I rearranged my kitchen on the weekend and have a 5ft space now available for my bf to have some breeding tanks (he is into cichlids).

Was trying to figure out the best way to make a stand for them. How much did yours cost, if you dont mind me asking?

He was going to weld up one at work, but they wont let him in on his own now LOL, I suggested him making a pine one, but could get costly.

again, looks great, well done

Busman...I have 4 boys and 2 girls...but I am always yelling at them not to run or jump near the tanks.. :giggle:

I got the stands from Bunnings and Mitre 10. The ones from Mitre 10 were on special for $49. I think the others cost me $79???? they can hold 175kg per shelf. The 4 shelf unit I found was the best one.

I have an extension cord going over to the island...not the best setup but it was the best I could do. Everyone knows if they step on the cord they will be throttled... :giggle: