The Jewel Box - Revisted!

Pyrefly

Meet little Smudge - Not so little anymore, she's really grown in the past few months - The chink in her tail has never seemed to heal, rather her tail has grown out further around it :blink:

February:

smudge12-02-2011.jpg

March:

smudge07-03-11.jpg

May:

smudge22-05-2011.jpg

Edited by Pyrefly

Two of my girls started with black speckles, that have since turned a vibrant blue. I wouldnt know it was the same fish if I hadnt had her the whole time.

The 'fin thingo' is damage I'm fairly sure, though she seems to have had it as long as I've had her.

The pure white one I got from you Jarrod - She's now getting a subtle butterfly-ish blue around the insides of her fins. The effect is lovely but I can't seem to get a decent picture just yet.

Certainly never going to get bored with these ladies :D

This is Moon.. you can just barely see the powder-blue she's catching like the plague :D

She's so big around the tummy this girl, I'm kind of afraid she'll burst soon if I don't get her a man!

moon24-05-2011.jpg

And the amazing Lacey in her many fashionable getups..

February:

lacey12-02-2011.jpg

March:

lacey06-03-2011.jpg

May:

lacey24-05-2011.jpg

Excuse the nibbled fins, I just had to reassemble the sorority tonight to add in my new little girl. There was a bit of jostling for position once everyone was back together, but its all settled peacably now.

Edited by Pyrefly

Thought I'd post a couple of pics of my 2 favorite girls from this spawn. Both have their mothers colouring... :)

This is Lady X, her battle wounds from a previous spawn attempt never healed properly. BTW, those are not holes in her caudal, they are damage that grew back clear.

Fry4.jpg

Fry3.jpg

Meet Esmeralda, she is one of the bigger girls...

Fry5.jpg

Fry6.jpg

Edited by shadoh

• 2 weeks later...