Slice of Fishy Heaven

Pyrefly

So, I've been fighting various fish-related problems since moving a few weeks ago (which was an utter nightmare). Lost two of my absolute favourites and kinda, just gone through the motions with my aquariums for a bit while I mourned - But things are finally looking up, I have some enthusiasm again and to celebrate, we have a photo explosion. Am not the best fishy photographer, but I hope they may be enjoyed :D

Firstly, some jewel-box additions from Shadoh here at the forums.

smudge12-02-2011.jpg

Little Smudge - She's the smallest of the bunch and a little shy so far.

pearl12-02-2011.jpg

Pearl - She's a bit of a monkey this one, heaps of personality.

lacey12-02-2011.jpg

And the prettiest thing ever (shh!), Lacey. I didnt notice all the blue iridescence when I was perusing the 'jewels', but she really glows!

foxy12-02-2011.jpg

They are living with Foxy, who has accepted these rambunctious youngsters with grace and poise. Such a lady :D

sorority12-02-2011.jpg

And a partial group shot. The final two from Shadoh's gorgeous spawn are still growing into their names

Edited by Pyrefly

Great photos! I can't get over how Lacey's fins have changed (again) only 2 weeks ago, she was a black cambodian, when you picked her up, she was getting some irids back into her fins, and now...WOW :drool:

Can't wait to see some photos of the boys (hint, hint...)

Part of the reason I wouldnt buy any more was because my boys from the split tank were feeling under the weather, I don't want any new faces put at risk.

I lost my second boy (Jack) to this illness this morning :(

jack29-10-2010.jpg

Swim free little fella, I'll miss you. Horrible picture, but the only in-focus one I ever managed to get of him.

dragonpair1.jpg

Foxy and her would-be suitor, Prince - He started eating again today so I'm feeling optimistic that he's responding to treatment.

Foxy and her Prince Charming are from Jodie-Lea's and not part of the jewel box.

bananashrimpies.jpg

And just for the Lol's, a Shrimp-Popsicle :)

Edited by Pyrefly

Prince is HM (Maybe over actually) but he's a bit of a pansy really. Foxy flirts up a storm and he usually runs away!

I'd love to spawn them (And I'm really tempted to see what Lacey will produce now too) but I have some hard decisions to make with my fish & tank arrangements.. or some money to find to spend on more tank space (Woo!) before I can consider that

Foxy isn't part of the Jewel Box. Sunnylass already had her :)

Lacey is the "black cambodian..."

Oops, I ment Pyrefly, not Sunnylass... sorry Sarah!

And Lacey was not the one I called the black cambodian, my mistake. She sure didn't have that bright blue irids in her fins though :D Looks like it isn't my thread either... *lol* I give up trying to track my babies. Too confusing :D