My Crowntails

Fletch

Here is a photo of the male. Hoping this works. Can someone let me know if you could view it and it will put some more of the pair and fry.

dbea9f60.jpg

Hey it worked. Here is more

5466e237.jpg

And fry. Born 28 oct.f541760d.jpg96ce6955.jpg

Edited by Busman

Yea, thanks guys. I would say they will be all the same colour, Sarah. In photo the older ones are the red ones, others still catching up!!!

My new batch has hatched. Lots of tails.

At what age do I sell them? Only have 14 left of first batch. Two are deformed, five are spoken for and we will just have to wait and see what's left.

Thanks guys.

Edited by Busman

Daaww.. the little spikes are so cute!

Have you started jarring any yet? If I'm correct, I believe they are 6 1/2 weeks old, so maybe jarring is a bit soon.

Looks like Daddy CT there seems proud of his new babies! And he gets a nice leaf rest too. :giggle:

No rest for dad yet. He is very busy. At least he comes to say hi now. ( I know, not me, it's food he wants and gets mind you).

Not jarring yet. They are playing nice. A nip here and there but I an keeping a close eye on them.

• 2 weeks later...

Just set up drip system in styrofoam box today. Now that are jarred are now drip fed. Lots less work. Tried to get some photos, not easy. Best I could do.

Pls note, the blue you can see in the tails us only visible when the light is the correct way. Don't see it very often and not as bright as in photos. I had a tourch in my hand to try and improve colour of fish.

Add a comment and I will add more.

5f1bb212.jpg

23950b93.jpg

d797c4d3.jpg

Edited by Busman

@Paul....... Your right, two ltr bottles. Never drunk so much of the stuff. Don't need sleep anymore. Got photo of setup I came up with in equipment forum.

To be honest regarding 180 degree caudals, probably not. I don't think parents are full HM. Very close though. These guys still got a fair bit of growing yet. Only 9 wks old so I don't think they are at full potential. All detail on fins is there, just needs to grow. Have only just started to see these guys flaring. Few are making bubble nest now though. Very cute.

Nine weeks!!!! I'm definitely doing something wrong. Still waiting for some real fin development on my lot. Will be posting a couple pics soon when uploaded to photobucket. You should be pretty chuffed with yourself! They really are quite impressive for 9week old fry.

Mate, no tricks. Second lot going much better. I had colour last time at three weeks!!!!!! First time lucky I guess. Think I have been very lucky with the parents.

9 weeks old tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Busman