Overstocking tank?

zhong89

I found a site that allows you to calculate if your tank is overstocked. It's not an inch per litre or something close to it rule. It asks you questions such as filter, tank size, and what kind of fish you're keeping. Don't know the accurancy but it seem to work.

anyway check it out and experience aquarists, please comment if you think it's accurate or not!

The site is aqadvisor

Edited by Joan

its a good 'calculator' and you can set it to show litres... its only limitations are that it doesn't show a lot of filters that are available in Australia but if you choose something similar in capacity it works well... been using it for a couple of years .....

HAHAHAHAHA... :lol: mine is a bit overstocked too... Although not as bad as yours but close

But I couldn't calculate accurately coz I don't know the capacity of a large sponge filter. I have a canister and a sponge filter running at the same time and I don't know the capacity of the sponge, I just put the canister filter in. I hope with the additional sponge filter it has enough capcity...

I had it easy. I'm not running a filter in that tank. *lol* In my defense, I only put one male and one female guppy in that 27 litre tank. That's plenty large enough. It's very heavily planted. The filter was annoying me so I removed it. It's not my fault that those two guppies liked their environment so much they decided to start a family. An extremely large family. Maybe if some of them would die or get a few diseases I might consider changing a few things. Perhaps I might even change their water more often. More often that is, than once in 18 months. I think that's how long it's been. Now before Cruelty Inc. comes marching down the street with their pick axes. Don't worry they've just had a water change. I took some out for my greenwater culture and topped it up and everything. I even used dechlorinator, so nyeeaah!