New addition to the family

kristaml24

Hey guys

Just thought id let you all know i have a new additon in the family

After waiting the entire day..... He finally showed up!

He is a double tail Veitail black marble - thanks someone Lea .... his video is on her site!

Settling in great! Has a 2ft tank to himself at the moment...... but just seems to like hanging out round the heater!

Joins Troy , Little miss , Fred and Moonie........

Dunno what im gunna call him yet...........

Also maybe attempting my first spawn very soon..... with Troy and Little Miss...... Pink Polka dot VT ....

Always love a new addition! - will post pics soon..... especially now i have my photo tank <_<

I cant find his video <_< maybe you could link it ? Grats on a new addition tho :)

Im getting one from jodi my self he is currently sitting in the post office and i wont be able to collect untill tomorrow morning T_T i hope he has enough air untill then !

Neffy - Ohh im totally jealous lol - i was thinking of getting him lol

Please tell me there might be a spawn in the future?????? lol........

Yeah he is unusual.... he is playing in the filter bubbles at the moment......

delyall - wow you certainly stocked up! lol

nice fish though .... im thinking of buying a couple next time around.....

any spawns in there?

Edited by kristaml24

hehe i might try with a girl from my lavender spawn i have a few really really nice girlies they dont have dragon scales but i could do a father daughter later on.

Haha that sounds so cute i have a few that will dance thru fresh water when i pour it into their tank its always funny to watch XD

Thankyou, he has this amazing shimmer in the sun. I'm trying to spawn them, but when they're in the tank together they swim around like brother and sister (haha - but they are). Not really so funny!

None of the males seem to interested in blowing any bubbles, or being the least bit interested in the females at the moment. I'm stumped.. I might try with shorter tanks...? lol

Im trying to spawn at the moment as well...... but with My vt..... he is keen..... her not so much by the looks which

i found weird due to the fact she is very full and looks like she might pop... she is more interested in nipping at him!

I have my pair in a 2ft tank..... i found bubble wrap helped with encouraging him to build a nest..... im finding

its alot of trial and error,,,, especially since this is my first attempted spawn! lol

Keep us up to date on how things go!

Krista, I'm sure you've read others say that just giving the two fish more time is probably all they need, but, I've also read other people using a bit of good old fashioned competition and jealousy as the driving force for a successful spawn. If you're getting nowhere with this couple you might give this a go - expose the couple to another female (separated from these two fish of course) for 10-15mins to show the other girl that competition for breeding partners exists. This may push her over the edge to accepting her chosen mate. If this doesn't work, there's always trying again at a later date... or, she might be just a little picky and not like the boy you have for her.