Copper golds, blue, melano

edie

Here are some of my fish.

2 of the copper golds, 1 of steel blue melano, and 1 melano female!

1 of the copper gold is the feathertail (starting to feathering) with split half colour. Upper part is copper greenish, lower part copper purple. He is HM now, but should have been OHM if I try to stretch that darn tail LMAO

His opponent is an OHM with the caudal just like his dad. Well....close to his dad anyway, since his dad is a lot better :)

They are not going to win any show, I'm afraid but they're surely will be my next breeders :lol:

The blue is also another of 'next breeder'. His tail is thick and he's OHM. Caudal is crooked a little cause he was fighting with his fella when he was small and beaten like hell LMAO. He carries melano.

Next to him is the only melano out of my spawn (many of them just 'disappear' after awhile). It looks like a SHE!! Now that's something for me to test again and again later. I'll try to spawn her later and prey that she's fertile. She has crooked tail too...cause she was being picked in the growout tank by others and I thought "ahh...what the h*ck, I better separate her". I think she's either 4 or 8 rays, which is kinda cool ;) The irrids is very minimal, which is a double plus. If she turns out to be 'he', then I can always spawn him to his siblings ;)

And while I'm on it...I'll throw a pic of a nest full of eggs...gold spawn, they hatched yesterday (or 2 days ago? can't remember now), but that's the only angle I can shoot the pic :lol:

Anyway, enjoy.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

'>

'>

Forgot to say...the first 3 pics are the boy with split colour. It's not quite clear from the pics, but it's somewhere there....there is a horizontal line that separate the colours into both green and purple :lol: I like his dorsal, so big...now I only need to find the best sibling female for him ;)

Yes, he has DT in his gene, very minor though...some of the siblings have a very small upper caudal lobe, not a perfect DT but I know there is a DT there :lol: It's xman M cross duen F. don't have pics though, the male still looking good, but the female is battered :lol: She's a very topnotch breeder though, record 100% spawn everytime and this is her 5th spawn (if I remember correctly) ;)

yes Phil..they're the vertical standing batch :eadshake: All of the fry have awesome caudal though, too bad they love to stare at the stars :goodo: Some are recovering well now...so not all lost.

Here is another pic of my green female. Very close to HM spread and I wasn't even paying much attention to her before since she was in dirty community tank :((

Posted Image

Archived