Beanie Boxes

Tara

Hi

I just bought a heap of Beanie boxes and was wondering what you guys did for ventilation, I was thinking of drilling some airholes in the lids but wasnt sure if the plastic would crack, I cant leave the lids off as all my fish love to jump.

Thanks

Tara

I'm pretty sure mose ppl drill holes in the lid or just leave the lids off. To drill the holes I'd start off with a small drill bit and work your way up gradually and obviously when drilling don't push down hard, just do a little bit at a time.

someone who's actually done it could probably offer more advice.

yes ive drilled holes in mine and fighters4u is right, start off with a small drill bit and work your way up to the size you want

dont have the drill on full speed and dont push down hard even if you have a blunt drill bit cause this will crack and snap the lid

just use a sharp drill bit - place the lid top side down on a piece of old flat wood. Let the drill do the work, don't force it. We did hundreds, cracked a couple, but they were still usable.

You can use a soldering iron to burn a hole, but the smoke is toxic, so make sure you go outside!

Cheers, J

Archived