what is it

jusdeb

Once again Ive been sucked in by a lonely little fish at the LFS... She is a fighter but Im confused because she has dark brown horizontal stripes on her sides and only a little colour in her fins. Im not interested in breeding but want to be sure she is what she is . Thanx .PB280005.jpgPB280002.jpg

sorry about the crappy pics

Those are her stress bars. Give her time to settle in and she should lose those and you can see her true colours. One of my CT females took a week to settle in and show her real colours. I thought she was just aqua until a week later and she was purple with aqua Irid.

Could be a wild type but not actually a wild species if you know what I mean. I think it's a B.splendens that hasn't not been especially bred for colour although she has more iridescence that would normally occur in an actual wild fish. Possibly from a fighting plakat line. They can take weeks to colour up. I had one that didn't colour up until she was quite large a couple of months later. The horizontal stripes don't always mean they're under stress. Sometimes that's just their relaxed state. She looks like she's going to be Royal Blue.

Archived