coppers

Celeste84

well i grabbed these guys today - apparently copper1 (i think) dropped them in to the LFS :rolleyes:

i got a pair of combtail girls (their tails are getting a second split) - they look pretty identicle so i'm not sure if it's the one fish or both that i got pics of LOL

copper_girl1.jpg

copper_girl2.jpg

and i saw this tiny little fish - only half the size of the others, and not a ct, so i'm thinking it's from another spawn. in any case i'm not sure of it's sex yet. BUT i am sure that boy or girl, when it's done growing its fins will leave the other fish for dead. definitely a show PK, and it's at about 170 degrees, so i'm hoping for full HM or OHM outta this little one :D nice red BF in the fins as well! couldn't get it to flare for the camera though, so here are some pics of it resting.

copper_HMPK.jpg

copper_HMPK1.jpg

also grabbed what we think is a boy, but it's in a jar and i can't get pics of it :D

ah so Danny DID manage to catch you (I called him when I got home and gave him your number since he said he couldn't find it lol) :rolleyes: Um he said that the person who dropped them in said they were from halfmoon parents. I got 3 girls and a nice HM boy, he's only little but he's sooooo cute!

I'll try to get some pics later!

I think that "boy" is a boy good luck with him :D

thanks for that stace! they would have been all gone before i got there next :rolleyes:

well one parent was a combtail at the least, even if it was a HMct LOL not that i mind, i love combs!

and yeah, i'm not 100% on the boy, but it LOOKS like a boy even if it acts like a girl, so i think he's not used to being by himself and will develop attitude soon XD if it is a boy i'd like to do a sibling cross with the PK if it turns out to be a girl - since they have very similar finnage and nice colouring :D

did you see the two BF girls and the pastel/copper one? those were very tempting too! so what does your boy look like??

awesome! we thought it was your fry :rolleyes: only about 10 girls left now! very nice ones at that :D although if i were you i would have kept the small PK for breeding LOL

what were the parents, if you don't mind me asking??? i just like to know the genetics of my breeders if i can :D

well I've delegated everyone else backwards so this will be the next spawn I try!

It'll be awesome now that I believe I've got my spawning problems behind me :)

Thanks so much for the Coppers Copper :) We love you!

I'm gonna try to take picks of the 3 girls and the boy :) hopefully I'll post them soon for you :)

LOL well the show PK male is a male - he has a very nice bubble nest going in at jar ROFL! i'll have to try getting a pic of him :)

stace, yeah i was very tempted too, but i want to get the little one all grown up before i make any decisons :)

wasn't easy to tell as the one i grabbed is a show PK male LOL so his short fins would have fit in with the girls and he is really placid too - still scared of the mirror! i'll have to get a pic of him for you :)

if i get good spawns from these guys you're more than welcome to pick out some boys from the fry if you want! that said i'm hoping for all PK fry, so sexing may take a while :)

Archived