whose eggs?

Celeste84

ok i have a tank with 8 black widow tetras (male and females), a breeding pair of bronze cories, a chinese algae eater and NO SNAILS at all in it. in fact i still haven't added plants as the banana lilies have been unavailable.

but i have eggs.

they're everywhere! on every glass surface of the tank, on the spray arm of my filter, on the heater, and on the driftwood log! it looks like a few have been nibbled at, but there's still a bunch in there :Drunk_Buddies2:

this is what they look like:

100_7355.jpg

are they tetra or corie eggs?? and how do i look after them if any fry survive?? i really think i need to get that java moss asap at the very least, but that's about all i know :balloons:

it's already eaten the eggs on the bottom half of the tank, but this algae eater is kinda unco and can't get himself more than halfway up the tanks glass walls!

i'm thinking of putting it in with either the CT male or the girls so the rest of the eggs are left alone :balloons:

but then again the tetras will probably eat the fry anyways *shrugs* unless i net them and put them into a breeding net i guess.....all gonna depend on how lazy i'm feeling :Drunk_Buddies2:

If you can't move the other fish out, I'd be tempted to try and move the eggs to a different tank. Or just leave these to chance and if any survive it's a bonus. At least you know that your cories will breed so next time you've got a spare tank you can set them up properly.

yeah i tried catching the algae eater but it's a no go, and i can't remove the eggs without damaging them (damn cory put them in the worst spots possible!). at least there are some that the algae eater can't get to, so if they hatch i'll try and grab them and put them in with my betta fry. at least they'd get the right food then.

naw i'm too lazy for that :thumbs: plus with the added nori to his diet, the algae eater is keeping well away from the eggs now, and the tetras are getting fed 3 times a day to try and make sure they're not hungry enough to snack on the fry when they hatch! i should be home when that happens so i'm gonna try and catch them as they hatch.

well they got eaten :);;

BUT now i have super clean glass plates in there for if they ever lay eggs again. so i can remove the eggs and put them somewhere safe to hatch :) and thanks for the tip puggle!

It was so cool though, you could see the little fish developing in the eggs!

cal, i may have black widow eggs soon though! two of the females look ready to pop :) they're 3 times fatter than they should be! but, do black widows lay eggs? and how do i look after them? better yet, what do they look like?

i didn't think i'd get eggs as i THINK i only have two males (one is a long fin) and i wasn't even sure if they were males LOL

Archived